Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

That is why we will the council and poss CPO for a wider regeneration project. Lost houses could be replaced by affordable apartment blocks. I suspect we own a few of the houses along Nelson Road. It’s not something Im suggesting lightly as we are talking about people’s homes but is the only way I can see meaningful long term expansion.  It’s also not just the space required to build the stands, it’s the extra circulation space say 20,000 fans getting in and out the area and around the stadium. 

I'd like us to be able to expand and modernise the stadium, but forcing people out of their homes to facilitate more people being able to watch some millionaires kick a ball is fairly reprehensible in my view. I'd be curious to know if there's any precedent for a CPO being used for something as trivial as the expansion of a stadium.

If our billionaire owners want the land, they're free to make some very compelling offers to the residents.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd like us to be able to expand and modernise the stadium, but forcing people out of their homes to facilitate more people being able to watch some millionaires kick a ball is fairly reprehensible in my view. I'd be curious to know if there's any precedent for a CPO being used for something as trivial as the expansion of a stadium.

If our billionaire owners want the land, they're free to make some very compelling offers to the residents.

Re CPO's they better not close down Charlie's chicken! Best fried chicken on that strip. Lol.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

...I'd be curious to know if there's any precedent for a CPO being used for something as trivial as the expansion of a stadium...

That happened at Anfield and also for the Witton Lane expansion last time. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/06/2021 at 12:44, dubliner said:

A revamp of the Witton (Doug Ellis) and North Stands would massively improve the ground. 

Surely a name change from the Doug Ellis Stand too..

Paul McGrath Stand? Gordon Cowans Stand?

Sir Jack Grealish stand. Only if he signs a 10 year deal. Will's can sort the knighthood.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Stadium re-development plans. 

on that note, anyone know if someone here has any FCG Meeting notes to post in the actual FCG thread!?!?!?

Edited by MaVilla

So the waiting list is now 13,000. Was 10,000 last year. 

10 year plan is interesting. It's not going to take 10 years just to rebuild the North Stand. 10 years suggests various increases. 

"Scale of improvement is 2 to 10 years"

What does that mean? With all the strategic planning as well

Sounds like they want to marry any developments with European qualifications maybe

Or maybe they want to wait and see how big the season ticket waiting list gets, and might a see a new stadium as a more viable option - which would mean any current developments would be wasted money.

Stage 1 rebuild the north stand. 
Stage 2 rebuild the Trinity Road and find it a more appropriate name. 
Stage 3 fill in the corners. 
Stage 4 rebuild the Holte as one enormous single tier safe standing terrace, that scared the living daylights out of the opposition. 
Stage 5 good plate the director’s box complete with two thrones. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Stage 4 rebuild the Holte as one enormous single tier safe standing terrace, that scared the living daylights out of the opposition. 

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

1) There is nothing wrong with the Trinity Road Stand name

2) There is no way we will rebuild the Trinity Road stand before we rebuild the Witton Lane stand.

3) Agree all the rest :cheers:

• Like 1

Â