Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Still must be really tempting to build a new stadium. Get why they might not but I think the'd do it if they had their way.

Little Girls Reaction GIF

16 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

On a more relevant note, it’s got to be a matter of filling in the corners first: even if they don’t fully marry up with the eves of the current stands. 

Do we have any projections over the options (in terms of capacity increase to disruption/time)?

I'd hope they don't. The bowl stadiums look shit. Proper stands only. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

1) There is nothing wrong with the Trinity Road Stand name

2) There is no way we will rebuild the Trinity Road stand before we rebuild the Witton Lane stand.

3) Agree all the rest :cheers:

I meant the Witton Lane sorry. It’s that bloody name that I can’t use that throws me off!!  

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Stage 1 rebuild the north stand. 
Stage 2 rebuild the Trinity Road and find it a more appropriate name. 
Stage 3 fill in the corners. 
Stage 4 rebuild the Holte as one enormous single tier safe standing terrace, that scared the living daylights out of the opposition. 
Stage 5 good plate the director’s box complete with two thrones. 

Witton Lane not Trinity Road! The one with the stupid name! Sorry lads and lasses. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I meant the Witton Lane sorry. It’s that bloody name that I can’t use that throws me off!!  

Witton Lane not Trinity Road! The one with the stupid name! Sorry lads and lasses. 

Sorry Zach Galifianakis GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

"Scale of improvement is 2 to 10 years"

What does that mean? With all the strategic planning as well

Sounds like they want to marry any developments with European qualifications maybe

Or maybe they want to wait and see how big the season ticket waiting list gets, and might a see a new stadium as a more viable option - which would mean any current developments would be wasted money.

so fill in the corners in 2 year time probably

One of my favourite stadiums is croke park. I love how the 3 sides of the ground are one then the single stand on it's own.

If Villa park was like that I'd have the Holte end as the stand alone stand. Imagine the current Holte with another tier on top but as a single tier stand. 

Do it do it do it do it do it do it.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

One of my favourite stadiums is croke park. I love how the 3 sides of the ground are one then the single stand on it's own.

If Villa park was like that I'd have the Holte end as the stand alone stand. Imagine the current Holte with another tier on top but as a single tier stand. 

Do it do it do it do it do it do it.....

Yes please, holte end capacity circa 25k, hugest goal end stand in the galaxy, then the rest like croke Park, perfect.

• Like 2

Villa park really needs a small luxury hotel for meetings, events and match day usage for the rich to spend a wedge in. 

Would  make the venue a much bigger prospect and increase bookings for many events outside the season as well.

absolute no brainer to me 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Villa park really needs a small luxury hotel for meetings, events and match day usage for the rich to spend a wedge in. 

Would  make the venue a much bigger prospect and increase bookings for many events outside the season as well.

They've already got planning permission for that haven't they?

As an aside I have actually hired Villa Park a few times for conferences - the Trinity executive area overlooking the pitch.

It ALWAYS impresses people and makes it something different to just being in a generic conference room which could be at any hotel anywhere in the UK.  Had so many comments about how it enhanced the event.

A hotel would also help the conferences as well.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They've already got planning permission for that haven't they?

As an aside I have actually hired Villa Park a few times for conferences - the Trinity executive area overlooking the pitch.

It ALWAYS impresses people and makes it something different to just being in a generic conference room which could be at any hotel anywhere in the UK.  Had so many comments about how it enhanced the event.

A hotel would also help the conferences as well.

I’ve been to the Emirates and indeed Edgbaston and they’re a different level.

Edgbaston building a pretty sizeable hotel on their land. Very smart move and will pull business their way.

villa will need to realise the hotel in the next couple of years for sure 

5 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Except it’s in the middle of Aston!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s right next to our meetings and events area which can host hundreds of events every year.

doesn’t matter if it was in Moss Side, it’s adjacent to the venue, and people will book hotels in Birmingham and Uber it.

41 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I've seen people say this before but you will be suprised at how active Villa Park is midweek.  Conferences, meetings all sorts going on and Weddings. 

As said earlier I've booked it for conferences and I've attended meetings, product launches etc in The North Stand and The Holte Hotel. 

They do have weddings there. 

An on site hotel will definitely help 

The Birmingham Mail have an article on the redevelopment. Unfortunately it is just a rehash of things I already know.

They do say though that the season ticket waiting list is up to 13,000 now though.

I think we will just have to wait until the club announce something. And when they do so I expect them to actually do it.

Instead of Dr Tony saying Villa Park would be 60,000 one day with no evidence or plans to back his statement up.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Birmingham Mail have an article on the redevelopment. Unfortunately it is just a rehash of things I already know.

They do say though that the season ticket waiting list is up to 13,000 now though.

I think we will just have to wait until the club announce something. And when they do so I expect them to actually do it.

Instead of Dr Tony saying Villa Park would be 60,000 one day with no evidence or plans to back his statement up.

I'm fairly sure that Dr. Tony was so mad that in his head this was a picture of VP 2 years into his tenure as owner. 

China is building the world's largest soccer stadium

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So our season ticket waiting list is bigger than the average attendance at St Andrews?

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2021 at 16:18, kidlewis said:

A hotel for the wealthy in Aston ? - good luck with that !!!

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes agreed. The mail article suggests redevelopment by 2031. Which is another way of stating  the official club line "no plans to redevelop villa park in the immediate future"

Its no more than what Purslow said in the supporters meeting ie 2-10 year timeframe. And that could cover a lot of things as they are taking a wholesale look at the entire site of Villa Park.

If for example England/UK McGrath forbid win the 2030 world cup bid then speeding up the expansion could be considered if we get some external money thrown at it.

It would be a bit stupid to wait for  a new north stand post 2030 or withdraw from a host city if we are doing building work.

I know its a completely different era but for the 96 euros a lot of the ground developments across England had some government funding.

Not sure if the tax paying public will be so thrilled to do that again though ahead of schools hospitals etc.

Â