Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Stylised version of this image would be nice:

skysports-tyrone-mings-aston-villa_47121

Surely learnt not to put a current player on the stand.. would like 82’ Mortimer or maybe Kids FA youth cup.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

No we'll just remove any trace of he who shall not be named.   Smith can stay. 

Tbh, I imagine one thing the hierarchy have learned pretty sharpish is to not spend a lot of money on decorating the ground to celebrate an individual member of staff. Reckon Smith would be here in a month's time if England came calling?

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Hope about legends from the past.  At least they can't bite you on the ass!

Yeah this is where my support is maturing to. A love for the colours, spirit, community, history, Villa Park and playing legends and moments that have become so in the fullness of time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tbh, I imagine one thing the hierarchy have learned pretty sharpish is to not spend a lot of money on decorating the ground to celebrate an individual member of staff. Reckon Smith would be here in a month's time if England came calling?

It’s crazy isn’t it. How an event can reframe your thinking. 4 weeks ago I would have said no. But now, well.

I’m happy though of the modular nature of our coaching set up. Developing an infrastructure whereby everyone is replaceable.

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It’s crazy isn’t it. How an event can reframe your thinking. 4 weeks ago I would have said no. But now, well.

I’m happy though of the modular nature of our coaching set up. Developing an infrastructure whereby everyone is replaceable.

If there's one thing I hope I personally learn from this, it's that as a 33 year old bloke, I shouldn't be hero worshipping some thick chav that's younger than me and who has achieved nothing, because he kicks a ball well. 

I'll enjoy the Aston Villa collective, but accept that individuals, no matter how good, are always ethereal.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Can the club now buy the stadium back?

Why? 

I mean, what's the benefit for the club?

When our owners eventually sell up (And I hope that's a long way away) they'll package it into the price, but for the moment, there's no need to buy it back.

In fact, I seem to recall some sort of rumour (which might well not have been true) that the rent we pay toward the stadium finds its way back to the club as income in some way and actually helps our income calculations for FFP.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

But we don’t have a current player on the stand… B)

Muhaha the post replying about Mings going up there.

I’ll fix it to current player or citeh player, given Citehs love for a Villa captain. 

• Like 1

Just driven passed VP on the way to work,  and his image is STILL on the North Stand.  What are our owners playing at lol.  But seriously it needs to be changed ASAP.

Looks like they're spraying Jack out but keeping Deano. Guess they'll replace Jack with someone iconic? Sir Denis lifting the big one please!

FB_IMG_1628288310966.jpg

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Looks like they're spraying Jack out but keeping Deano. Guess they'll replace Jack with someone iconic? Sir Denis lifting the big one please!

FB_IMG_1628288310966.jpg

tenor-3.gif

I think we should use the £100m from the sale of our former Captain to Oil City to rebuild the North Stand that his Kiera Knightly lookalike image used to adorn and then rename it as the "My Home, My City, My Club" Stand. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Or the Charles N’Zogbia stand. Lad retired at 28 after playing for us as he couldn’t face playing against us for another club. A real club hero.

Only true legends do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â