Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I really don't understand Hollis's silence on all of this? 

Before anyone accuses me of being a pant wetter; I am not. I'm usually pretty balanced about all things Villa (and football in general) but given Hollis's direct quotes about Dr. Tony's credentials which have been disputed widely across various media; and his role as the focal point of our board - I would have thought it would be within his remit to offer an update of some kind..even just to explain the process to us fans. He must realise that we're concerned for our club, we have only  good intentions for the club unlike many businessmen out there who would have no reason to care one jot. We're excited and petrified at the same time. The takeover; as positive as some aspects are; is shrouded in dodgy individuals, hidden credentials, conflicting reports, bizarre promises and sporadic exposure. It's not lost on us that Hollis acts on behalf of Lerner ONLY! We're acutely aware of previous charlatans who have ruined good football clubs - supported by genuine people. Lerner is the billionaire who can just about get away with being silent...not this accountant who's job it is to steer the ship on his behalf. I can't imagine our club's silence is for lack of  trying by the local media.

• Like 2

Aston Villa: Dr Tony Xia's takeover of Midlands club not in doubt

By Pat Murphy

Aston Villa will start next season in the Championship following their relegation
Aston Villa's takeover by Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia is not on the verge of collapse.

It has been reported that Xia has failed to demonstrate he possesses the necessary funds to complete the deal.

But BBC Sport has learned £52m has been paid into an escrow account, ready to be transferred to current Villa owner Randy Lerner.

Xia has also provided proof of funds that will guarantee taking on an existing debt of £25m.

The same amount will be payable to American Lerner if Villa, who were relegated from the Premier League this season, get back to the top flight within three years.

Xia has also provided guarantees to the Premier League and Football League of significant amounts of money to cover the club's operating costs for the next two seasons.

A joint enquiry by the two leagues continues and will not be rushed as all aspects of the proposed takeover are scrutinised - including the likely personnel of the new board of directors.

Villa remain without a permanent manager to replace Remi Garde, who was sacked in March.

Former Everton and Manchester United boss David Moyes, who was on a three-man shortlist for the job, pulled out of the running last week.

Ex-West Brom and Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo remains in the frame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36426436

No need to panic yet!

• Like 1

I hope Xia appoints a media savvy CEO to be his mouth piece as there seems to have been an agenda to unsettle him since his name come out. Apparently he is very private and doesn't like the press intrusion so as long as he goes to games and occasionally does an interview let his CEO take all the crap. I'm sure we will all be happy with that. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I hope Xia appoints a media savvy CEO to be his mouth piece as there seems to have been an agenda to unsettle him since his name come out. Apparently he is very private and doesn't like the press intrusion so as long as he goes to games and occasionally does an interview let his CEO take all the crap. I'm sure we will all be happy with that. 

Media savvy CEO you say...?

5760.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I can see Dr X getting mightily pissed off with the media, if he isn't already. 

Once the sale has been completed I'm sure they'll all disappear back up the arses of the London clubs and forget we exist again

Until someone spots Grealish with a balloon or Gabby in Dubai...

Edited by Flynnchin84
  • Like 1

I don't think it is xenophobia against the Chinese particularly.  The papers have been portraying the club as a laughing stock all season to help fill column inches.  They are trying carry on the circus for a long as they can to sell papers and unfortunately the takeover (and Dr Xia) is the topic to do it with.  

Once the deal  gets completed it will shut them up,  as it will prove Dr Xia's credentials and show we are a football club again.  Can't wait! 

10 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I really don't understand Hollis's silence on all of this? 

Before anyone accuses me of being a pant wetter; I am not. I'm usually pretty balanced about all things Villa (and football in general) but given Hollis's direct quotes about Dr. Tony's credentials which have been disputed widely across various media; and his role as the focal point of our board - I would have thought it would be within his remit to offer an update of some kind..even just to explain the process to us fans. He must realise that we're concerned for our club, we have only  good intentions for the club unlike many businessmen out there who would have no reason to care one jot. We're excited and petrified at the same time. The takeover; as positive as some aspects are; is shrouded in dodgy individuals, hidden credentials, conflicting reports, bizarre promises and sporadic exposure. It's not lost on us that Hollis acts on behalf of Lerner ONLY! We're acutely aware of previous charlatans who have ruined good football clubs - supported by genuine people. Lerner is the billionaire who can just about get away with being silent...not this accountant who's job it is to steer the ship on his behalf. I can't imagine our club's silence is for lack of  trying by the local media.

quite simply he doesn't need to. what will he say? the sale of the club is proceeding?

patience is a virtue. The press are looking to fill column inches or gain clicks in the run up to the Euros. Sit tight, It will happen.

• Like 4

What i dont get is how long this test is taking.

There is an article on the sky sports website (sorry mods i cant seem to get the copy/paste to work on my phone) stating the test can take as long as 10 days.

I may be wrong but it seems like the test for Dr Tony has been ongoing for a lot more than 10 days at this stage?!?!?!?

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

What i dont get is how long this test is taking.

There is an article on the sky sports website (sorry mods i cant seem to get the copy/paste to work on my phone) stating the test can take as long as 10 days.

I may be wrong but it seems like the test for Dr Tony has been ongoing for a lot more than 10 days at this stage?!?!?!?

It's been going on for about 2 weeks and the average time for a takeover to start and get ratified by the authorities is about 4 weeks. So if it gets done in the next couple of days then we are on the fast side of it, if it takes another 7-10 then we're on the slower side of the scale. 

It's been going on for about 2 weeks and the average time for a takeover to start and get ratified by the authorities is about 4 weeks. So if it gets done in the next couple of days then we are on the fast side of it, if it takes another 7-10 then we're on the slower side of the scale. 

Well lets compare:

The villa takeover was announced on 17/05/2016 - 15 days ago and the takeover is not yet ratified.

The swansea takeover was confirmed yesterday and the sky article states the test takes up to 10 days and will be completed by the 10th.

Thats already a good deal shorter than how long ours has been ongoing for.

Someone somewhere is having a laugh

54 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Well lets compare:

The villa takeover was announced on 17/05/2016 - 15 days ago and the takeover is not yet ratified.

The swansea takeover was confirmed yesterday and the sky article states the test takes up to 10 days and will be completed by the 10th.

Thats already a good deal shorter than how long ours has been ongoing for.

Someone somewhere is having a laugh

Ours may be more complicated than Swansea's because there are two leagues involved so presumably two teams of investigators.

• Like 1

Â