Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Xia buying more clubs. Would have liked him to concentrate on us for a little bit I guess the guy has big ambitions to grow this football brand thing very quickly

In talks to buy a Chinese team which will have 'strong links with villa'. That's gabby's loan away sorted then.

10 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Xia buying more clubs. Would have liked him to concentrate on us for a little bit I guess the guy has big ambitions to grow this football brand thing very quickly

In talks to buy a Chinese team which will have 'strong links with villa'. That's gabby's loan away sorted then.

I'm sure we already knew this? Think it was from a translated interview maybe?

Gregg Evans milking being back in good books with Villa. Bring back Kendrick!

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I'm sure we already knew this? Think it was from a translated interview maybe?

Gregg Evans milking being back in good books with Villa. Bring back Kendrick!

Previously it was reported as a plan for the future. Now, at least according to the article he's actually in talks to buy a club somewhere.

This could be good news for us, think about it w ecan send crap like gabby over there and get their best players over here for small or no fees. Also expands our global awareness. This could be huge if successful.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-exclusive-tony-xia-11392501

Tony Xia is in talks to buy ANOTHER football club as he plans global brand domination

The Chinese businessman has ambitious plans to make Aston Villa the cornerstone of his football operations. Tony Xia is in talks to buy ANOTHER football club as he waits for his Aston Villa takeover to be approved. The claret and blues new owner-in-waiting has discussed the possibility of purchasing a franchise in the Chinese Super League that will eventually have strong links with Villa. The Birmingham Mail also understands that Xia harbours ambitions of running clubs in the United States and India after watching the success of City Football Group - the holding company that oversees Manchester City and three other closely-linked clubs in Australia, Japan and the U.S.  Xia, a Chinese millionaire, refuses to reveal his personal wealth but already he has shown both the Premier League and Football League part of his staggering fortune. By next week he hopes his first acquisition will be ratified and then he can start to make Villa the cornerstone of his football operations. The history and tradition in B6 is what attracted him to the Midlands and the long-term aim is to build an international network of teams based on the Villa brand. It’s too soon to know whether the recently-relegated club will ever achieve global brand domination but Xia is certainly not afraid to give it a go. Man City have sister clubs New York City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos and that’s the model the Asian businessman wants to copy.  The need for an immediate return to the Premier League is of paramount importance, though, which is why next season’s Championship campaign is vital.Roberto Di Matteo looks set to be the man tasked with leading the club back to the big-time as his appointment edges closer. Yesterday the Italian met with departing chairman Steve Hollis to discuss the role and will be offered the vacant post before the weekend. Xia and his team of advisors are engaged day and night with Hollis and they’re also thought to have provided the leagues with all the information they require ahead of the Owners and Directors’ Test.  Further ambitious plans for Villa include setting up links to feeder clubs on the continent to help attract the best young talent in the world. His team of advisors have discussed the need to improve the international network in order for that to happen and will press on once the takeover is complete. Time is of the essence and Xia is now waiting for approval before beginning his ambitious plans. It’s thought that he will know whether his takeover is successful by the end of next week at the latest, although he’s hoping it is wrapped up before then.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This could be good news for us, think about it w ecan send crap like gabby over there and get their best players over here for small or no fees. Also expands our global awareness. This could be huge if successful.

I like the idea of Villa sister clubs all over the place.....world domination, like it

33 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I thought we wanted good relations with the Chinese.

• Like 1

Seems to want to copy the City Football Group - Gary Cook influence perhaps?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/city-football-group-structure-7222676

As the City brand spreads with the renaming of Melbourne, we take a look at the structure of the ever-expanding City Football Group.

Manchester City's global ambition took another step forward with the renaming of Melbourne Heart to Melbourne City FC on Thursday. The news makes the Australian side the third City in world football, after the Blues themselves and New York City. There is no news of a name change yet for Japanese side Yokohama F Marinos, another club in the CFG family. When details of that deal emerged last month, group CEO Ferran Soriano gave an indication as to the over-arching strategy when he said: "We are proud to offer a collaborative and integrated approach to the football, marketing, media and commercial development of all the clubs in the City family."  City football group is a holding company that oversees the Blues and now three further clubs that City own or are in partnership with. City Football Group is itself under parent company Abu Dhabi United Group, an investment group owned by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Edited by Gary Thomas

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep - suggested this in the transfer speculation thread yesterday.  #notitk  Makes complete sense and if he owns both clubs I'm sure there are apprenticeships and exchanges etc that can circumvent some of the fees.

Imagine a minibus to China with Gabby, Richards, Lescott and Richardson leaving in a few weeks.  Happy days.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder which category he will fall into on the Deisler Chinese Owner Scale (should trademark that @Deisler123)?

Type 5 in the UK and China?

I think Xia will be somewhere between Type 2 and Type 5, depending on how rich he is and if Villa can return back to PL asap (in 1st attempt).

The longer it takes Villa to return back to PL, the less financial confidence and beliefs Xia may have on Villa.

PS: There is no news at all about him wanting to buy a club in China. No one wants to sell Super league clubs at the moment - perhaps he can buy a club in the 2nd division and build up from that.

It is highly possible that Xia is aiming to buy a club in India - for his business development in India.

Edited by Deisler123

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yep - suggested this in the transfer speculation thread yesterday.  #notitk  Makes complete sense and if he owns both clubs I'm sure there are apprenticeships and exchanges etc that can circumvent some of the fees.

Imagine a minibus to China with Gabby, Richards, Lescott and Richardson leaving in a few weeks.  Happy days.

If you don't mind me being completely honest, all names you have mentioned will not get any offers from the clubs in the super league in China.

In the second division, maybe - But I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

If you don't mind me being completely honest, all names you have mentioned will not get any offers from the clubs in the super league in China.

I know - that's why we need Tony to buy a club there so he can make them do it!

17 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Despite how shit they are, I'm fairly certainly they could play in the Chinese top flight!

• Like 2

Â