Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

23 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I hope Xia appoints a media savvy CEO to be his mouth piece as there seems to have been an agenda to unsettle him since his name come out. Apparently he is very private and doesn't like the press intrusion so as long as he goes to games and occasionally does an interview let his CEO take all the crap. I'm sure we will all be happy with that. 

We need a "Daniel Levy"

An absolute C***

But our C*** in our best interests

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

We need a "Daniel Levy"

An absolute C***

But our C*** in our best interests

Spot on! It amazes me how he does his business. Always gets top money for his players 

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Who cares?

I'd say a few thousand Aston Villa supporters care.

The longer it takes means we are stuck unable to sell or sign player's while other clubs can get on with their business.

Still we can finally see light a the end of the dark tunel...or can we???? ;)

23 minutes ago, SeanO said:

The longer it takes means we are stuck unable to sell or sign player's while other clubs can get on with their business.

Does it?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Does it?

It makes it much harder. Reason being the bloke signing the cheque is the owner of the club, which is Randy Lerner, until the takeover. So there's obviously a question of a process of trust and agreement that the manager has to go through with the not yet owner, then the not yet owner has to go through another process with RL. Then on top of that the staff currently in place may/will not be the ones to be in charge next season, so there's an issue with a manager just appointed, without his own scouts and the board and people to negotiate contracts are not in place. So yeah. Nigh on unable, but not quite impossible. We did sign Petrov while the last takeover was in progress, but not yet agreed. Rules have tightened since then, though.

• Like 3

We have a manager in place. I'm sure we have an idea of what the budget will be next season.

I@d be very surprised if everyone is just sat on their arse doing nothing until the takeover is finalised.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We have a manager in place. I'm sure we have an idea of what the budget will be next season.

I@d be very surprised if everyone is just sat on their arse doing nothing until the takeover is finalised.

They've been doing that for about the last 8yrs :trollface:

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes?

I know no player can actually join the club right now, but deals can be, and are being, completed. 

Educated guess or...?

Show some ambition Mr/Dr. Xia, sign Nicola Cortese as our CEO who runs everyday business/commercial revenue. Then go out and sign Sevilla's Sporting Director Monchi. We would be completely set for years to come! You said it yourself, you want to be in the pinnacle of European football again, well there's a start and your first steps! :D

Just to update on all things on Tony's minds

最容易洞察一个人人性本质的两个人生时刻:一是一个人在挫折和低谷时候能否继续保持做人做事的尊严;以及,一个人在得志和处于高位时能否拥有理智冷静不忘乎所以的克制能力。--夏建统
也只有经历过巅峰和低谷的俱乐部,才会成就伟大的传奇!@阿斯顿维拉足球俱乐部

Which in my fantastic translation skills (Google) says something like this:

The easiest insight into human nature a person 's life time two : one is a man and troughs in frustration when things can continue to maintain the dignity of man ; and , when a person is frustrated, and has a high ability to calm and rational restraint not forget ability. - Summer build system

Only experienced peaks and valleys of the club , will accomplish great legend ! Aston Villa Football Club @

.... Not entirely sure what that means!??!? Think he is talking about summer rebuild?

Â