Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

If Chinese law is the issue how are Wolves coping?  Are they just using up the extra cash from being in the Premier League?

That and they own businesses world wide so can probably move money around easier. Recon im not sure about, im sure i read they had bussinesses worldwide but cant be true if Xia is having trouble getting money out of China?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

If Chinese law is the issue how are Wolves coping?  Are they just using up the extra cash from being in the Premier League?

they pay the money out in to a holding company and then pay the money back in through the same holding company, they have a portfolio which allows them to massage the wolves investment, the £100m loss on wolves is irrelevant if all their other businesses send $1bn back to china through the holding company (of which they have 2, one in hong kong and one in the virgin islands)

3 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

That and they own businesses world wide so can probably move money around easier. Recon im not sure about, im sure i read they had bussinesses worldwide but cant be true if Xia is having trouble getting money out of China?

You did indeed read that. It was information from Recon’s own website which was widely recirculated, but even the FT were unable to verify anything.

I could create a completely fabricated network of Companies, Accounts, Awards, Employees, Offices, Testimonials, everything, in an afternoon.

Im not saying that’s the case. Just that it’s easy to do, and easy to do convincingly. In the absence of hard evidence, who knows ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they pay the money out in to a holding company and then pay the money back in through the same holding company, they have a portfolio which allows them to massage the wolves investment, the £100m loss on wolves is irrelevant if all their other businesses send $1bn back to china through the holding company (of which they have 2, one in hong kong and one in the virgin islands)

I have a feeling something will rear its ugly head there too in the future....but of course the carousel of Money in the prem, is the holy grail, they all crave and winner takes all.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Evidence is the price of the club when he bought it. llol

You know it was his money ?

You know nobody else was involved ?

You know he didn’t get a loan ?

Youve seen the deed stating the price ?

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Howard is a very good guy and absolutely loves Villa. He tried to buy Villa with his dad I believe back in Doug days. He and I (separately) tried to source buyers for Villa when Lerner first announced we were for sale. That included a conversation with Trevor Birch who I worked with at BDO. It never went anywhere. I've done some work with Howard also. Whatever he is doing you can rest assured it is in the very best interests of the club and the fans. We could do with someone like him involved with the day to day of the club. 

Yeah, I have met him....He wrote a very comprehensive and indepth report on Villa during the protests.

Everyone, wants to be Mr Aston Villa and sometimes the ego of it all can get in the way of progress, also even if someone was genuine....many sceptics would make it hard to work.

I think it does require a certain type of character, who may be a bit aloof.

What do I know, one of the worst chairman presided over our best period....you need that bit of luck to have the right man.

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

you'll get there, Terry

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@terrytini

1,000,000,000 Chinese Yuan

=

116,470,000 Pound Sterling

That’s not an edit that’s a 1984 style rewrite !

But my point remains, you are just repeating a figure from the media, it’s meaningless.

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I know none of the above, but i'm also assuming you know none of the reverse.

Either way, I'm sure there are people who have taken calculated risks re: financing a football club and come up trumps by making brilliant decisions and having the right team in place.

If it ends in tears, at least he tried.

We come on here and slag people off as if it's monopoly money and we have a divine for people to empty their net worth or bank account on us.

We made shit decisions, until more details emerge, i'll remain in the camp of he got shafted by the people he trusted, and naively so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know none of the above, but i'm also assuming you know none of the reverse.

Either way, I'm sure there are people who have taken calculated risks re: financing a football club and come up trumps by making brilliant decisions and having the right team in place.

If it ends in tears, at least he tried.

We come on here and slag people off as if it's monopoly money and we have a divine for people to empty their net worth or bank account on us.

We made shit decisions, until more details emerge, i'll remain in the camp of he got shafted by the people he trusted, and naively so.

Hmmm......i haven’t said I do know...you did. Someone asked about his money and you said “ he spent close to that when buying the Club”......all I did was ask for evidence, and we have at least confirmed you have none.

As for what other people have done , fine....nothing to do with the issue of how much money he has as we were discussing.

As for “ at least he tried “.......that’s got even less to do with a factual discussion about his wealth ( I’m not saying there’s no place for the view, but it’s nothing to do with whether he has money)........I’m not really bothered about that part of it, but I certainly wouldn’t give him credit for trying if all he’s done is spend the parachute payments and run up a debt ( if). I’d run him out of town. As I and others said when Lerner was here if it’s only a question of administering existing funds any of us could do it.

As for slagging people off, Ive never done it.

As for anyone saying he should empty his bank balance, Ive not seen anyone say that......but I do understand disappointment at how we are run, and, as I keep stressing, the claims about what he has spent are totally speculation.....but WE didn’t ask him to claim the things he has claimed since arriving anyway.

You say “ we” made shit decisions.....I’ve no idea, because I don’t know the facts as I keep saying, but IF what’s happened is that revenue has been spent and debts accrued on nothing other than a gamble we’d go up, I’d say that’s not a shit decision, that’s a cold calculated gamble with the Club......just like it has been when others have done it elsewhere.

And you say you will “ choose to believe” he got shafted........that’s your choice, fine.....I’ve no intention of choosing to believe anything, I will go on verified facts. But if pressed I’d say I’ve seen nothing, nothing at all, that warrants thinking he’s either been beneficial nor deserving of sympathy, and I’m actually surprised anyone does.

But anyway, we are agreed we’ve no idea whether he’s a Prince or a Pauper. No harm hoping it’s the edit -lol - former - for a bit longer.

Edited by terrytini
Said latter not former oops

4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Apparently leaked from Dr Tonys email.

In spite of my personal affection for reading twitter I have come to trust the future more than the past. And when I refer to the 'past,' I do so lightly and lightheartedly, when I was able to take money from china.

I refer to recent accounts - mostly in the press and Simon Jordan regarding the sale of the Club, that are so many miles from accuracy or truth that I can only assume that they too were written by Keith Wyness and whose tongues were firmly embedded in their respective cheeks. It is football after all.

As I've said, it was my hope that ownership and custodianship of the Club would have been transferred some years in the future to make profit for China. when I knew that personal and professional matters made it impossible for me to contribute the time I did in my first two with the Club. Time and immersion and twitter that is crucial to any formula for success.

Still, fates are fickle in football so that we could claw back to the championship last season, end up at Wembley at a Cup Final sitting amongst old friends!, and then spend the 2017/18 campaign at china.

As I expect this to be my last message to supporters through the Villa website I thought it worth reiterating that my approach from the beginning, consistent with my longstanding affection for The Trinity, was in three parts: Villa Park infrastructure, Bodymoor Heath infrastructure and the Villa squad for the good of china.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my best chance of any tolerable memories in this regard will lie with the father and son of this twitter.…!

In the end, however, so many wonderful young players came through Villa during my time and it is to them and supporters alike whom I am indebted.

Also, of course, I wish - without mentioning names, to say thank you to countless people with whom I worked at Villa Park and BMH who have touched me personally and from whom I have learned so much including all my followers on twitter.????⚽⚽⚽??????

WTF? 

What the hell goes on at Villa? Randy Lerner gets romantically nourished and Xia gets touched personally. 

Maybe they should try doing some of that football stuff instead.

3 hours ago, dounavilla said:

If we do get taken over by this Trinity sports company. I think we should think about naming a stand after them.

Works for me..... we can bring in a bundle of cash and wont even need to pay for new signs.... ?

Â