Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

At best our owner should have taken steps to ensure the club had the funds available to pay any outstanding or soon to become due bills in the knowledge of how the Chinese government were looking to halt cash flow out of their country but did not do so or was unsuccessful in doing so. At worst we are in desperate trouble at least in the short term. Time to prove your doubters wrong and do it quickly Doc. Our club's reputation is currently taking a hell of a beating under your watch.

• Like 3

Can’t link to it but in the times there is a US baseball investor fronting up £75mill, we have great history with that sort but at this point who’s gonna quibble if it saves the club?

7 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Breaking: Peter B Freund, a minority shareholder in MLB’s New York Yankees, is preparing to make a formal offer to buy Aston Villa for £75m. [times sport] #avfc

Soz missed this!

37 minutes ago, John said:

At best our owner should have taken steps to ensure the club had the funds available to pay any outstanding or soon to become due bills in the knowledge of how the Chinese government were looking to halt cash flow out of their country but did not do so or was unsuccessful in doing so. At worst we are in desperate trouble at least in the short term. Time to prove your doubters wrong and do it quickly Doc. Our club's reputation is currently taking a hell of a beating under your watch.

Yeah totally agree, the money should have been there, this bill hasn't come from nowhere they would have known about this months in advance. Terribly bad planning if this hasn't been budgeted for, i mean its an "overdue bill" for crying out loud. 

I dont want to stick the knife in Tony, i hope he comes through it tbh, but its very bad that a professional business like Villa are forgetting or havent got the cash to pay HMRC. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He needs to be a man, come out now and explain exactly what the hell is going on. 

100%, im not one for constant statements about everything but for this one this needs to be explained to the fans. Even if its in a few days time when things have settled 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He needs to be a man, come out now and explain exactly what the hell is going on. 

This is really not the way the Chinese usually do things - I would expect very little but some brief statements from the club in the near future.

It would be nice to know what's going on for sure, but I suspect it's not in the club's best interests to let everyone know.

@RobDorsettSky Understand Dr Xia is looking for inward investment and is prepared to sell #avfc for right price. Talks with HMRC ongoing. Administration a real concern - mainly cash flow problems in China. Insiders fear fire sale of best players. Poss biggest crisis in club’s history.

5 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

@RobDorsettSky Understand Dr Xia is looking for inward investment and is prepared to sell #avfc for right price. Talks with HMRC ongoing. Administration a real concern - mainly cash flow problems in China. Insiders fear fire sale of best players. Poss biggest crisis in club’s history.

Christ!!!!

I can't see Xia getting what he wants, I don't know if the clubs value opens up more potential investments due to the potential or whether internally we're in that much trouble it doesn't make that much difference.

If we are to be sold, I am very worried who we might be offloaded to. I have real doubts Xia would care and if he is interested in a quick sale it won't be for the benefit of the club but his own.

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So these 'cash flow' issues aren't something that could have been predicted right? And I take it they're not likely to ease seeing as his solution is to sell us!?

It really could've. The year before we were close to another Chinese takeover but the markets tanked. A few months later the govt got itchy feet about money moving abroad. 

• Like 2

Just go.

You have lied to us over and over - at best you have embarrassed the proud name of Aston Villa - at worst you have threatened the very existence of our great club.

Just get out Dr Fraud.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just go.

You have lied to us over and over - at best you have embarrassed the proud name of Aston Villa - at worst you have threatened the very existence of our great club.

Just get out Dr Freund.

Just preparing this for the next guy. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah, I have met him....He wrote a very comprehensive and indepth report on Villa during the protests.

Everyone, wants to be Mr Aston Villa and sometimes the ego of it all can get in the way of progress, also even if someone was genuine....many sceptics would make it hard to work.

I think it does require a certain type of character, who may be a bit aloof.

What do I know, one of the worst chairman presided over our best period....you need that bit of luck to have the right man.

Thats howard hodgson snr.

I think it his son who tweeted yesterday.

I don't care about our 'damaged' reputation. Care more about how it's gonna leave us and the fact we've 95-100% gotta sell the best talent we've had at the club in years and years.

Â