Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I have posted a few times now that QPR have been fined £40m for breaching FFP - They have appealed and lost.

That said if FFP were scrapped tomorrow - I still think we would see cost cutting at villa this season 

QPR had such a big hit because they went out of their way to avoid paying anything by hiding behind the Premiere leagues disregard of FFP in the EFL. That has changed now, hence Leicester and Bournemouth having squeaky bums.

A few clubs will have rude awakenings I feel in the coming months and years that will make our worries seem insignificant by comparison. (Unless they have Manchester or Liverpool in their names of course).

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Said it in the grealish thread, but if we have to sell him to just balance the books then for me xia can **** off and start looking for a new buyer. As **** useless as the last bloke. 

I'm close to he can bugger off already tbh 

Looking at the Wiki page on FFP I'm even less worried, even the likes of Man City only got a £60m fine (of which £40m was suspended). Most clubs seem to get a fine of around a few million and even 75% of that is suspended. It's basically toothless.

But of course we could get banned from Europe which is a major concern in the Championship...

6 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Looking at the Wiki page on FFP I'm even less worried, even the likes of Man City only got a £60m fine (of which £40m was suspended). Most clubs seem to get a fine of around a few million and even 75% of that is suspended. It's basically toothless.

But of course we could get banned from Europe which is a major concern in the Championship...

Totally different rules in the efl with points deductions and demotion now an option as fines clearly were not working 

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Fair enough. But is a fine relevant if you're trying to invest anyway?! You just work it in to the running costs! Especially if by not investing you lose more than the amount of the fine. And have QPR paid this back yet? All in one go? Has it greatly impacted on them? I just don't get the fear.

It has greatly impacted on them. They may be forced to sell smithies - It has still to be decided if the £40m fine goes into the FFP statement as an expense - thus pushing them over limit for future years.

However I sort of agree your general point my suspicion is Xia gambled on the parachute payments to land us a £100m + windfall - now that hasn't happened - He has no clever way of pumping money in. I really think its the beginning of the end of Xia's reign. To me he offers nothing now. 

Not sure i understand any shock here, we knew what the plan was these last 2 seasons spending to get back quick. We all new the consequences of that failing. We take our medicine and start down a new path, with Tony. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Not sure i understand any shock here, we knew what the plan was these last 2 seasons spending to get back quick. We all new the consequences of that failing. We take our medicine and start down a new path, with Tony. 

Did we? The message from the club was not we will be **** and will sell our best player, with no way of reinvesting the money, just to balance the books. I thought there would be consequences and a change in approach, this is looking more than i expected. 

Massive gamble and now sticking with bruce looks even more stupid in hindsight. 

Once again an owner whose decisions end up costing us seriously long term. **** great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

It has greatly impacted on them. They may be forced to sell smithies - It has still to be decided if the £40m fine goes into the FFP statement as an expense - thus pushing them over limit for future years.

However I sort of agree your general point my suspicion is Xia gambled on the parachute payments to land us a £100m + windfall - now that hasn't happened - He has no clever way of pumping money in. I really think its the beginning of the end of Xia's reign. To me he offers nothing now. 

This is the issue with it , I can understand they want rules and to stop teams going crazy but it seems if you to break the FFP the consequences then could lead to you spending years recovering from it.Say in QPR case they could be hit so hard they are relegated again with more loss of income so how will the EFL get the fine out of them then ?

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Quotes from our CEO a few months back. 

"We’re very confident we’ll not be breaching Financial Fair Play rules," said Wyness.

"We’re absolutely sure we’ve got the strategy in place. I’ve always said that next season will be challenging but again we’ve got a strategy in place to try and handle that"

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Quotes from our CEO a few months back. 

"We’re very confident we’ll not be breaching Financial Fair Play rules," said Wyness.

"We’re absolutely sure we’ve got the strategy in place. I’ve always said that next season will be challenging but again we’ve got a strategy in place to try and handle that"

Dude I’ve no problem with your strength of feeling but we are none the wiser at present, for good or for bad. What is known though is that we are firmly a championship club now and player sales are inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dude I’ve no problem with your strength of feeling but we are none the wiser at present, for good or for bad. What is known though is that we are firmly a championship club now and player sales are inevitable.

Yes, and i accept it to some extent. We need a different approach. But to be in a position where we are forced to sell grealish to just balance the books is unacceptable IMO. When you lose a player like that, it should be to reinvest and build. To not be able to do that because of decisions made by the owner is terrible. 

I hope the speculation is very wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, and i accept it to some extent. We need a different approach. But to be in a position where we are forced to sell grealish to just balance the books is unacceptable IMO. When you lose a player like that, it should be to reinvest and build. To not be able to do that because of decisions made by the owner is terrible. 

is there any evidence at all that we HAVE to sell Grealish to balance the books?

Genuine question

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I won't blame Xia for backing his manager.

He's unlucky that he found one as bad as Bruce.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Tony had to listen to his ‘football’ men in the wake of RDM, but he must be itching to have another try, he’s two seasons wiser now and strikes me as someone who learns fast. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

is there any evidence at all that he HAVE to sell Grealish to balance the books?

Genuine question

Well there are estimates from that swiss ramble web site - which are based on previous years figures - the predict we need to raise £40m. Other 'experts' have said much the same.

One or two accounty types - have said that selling Grealish is best - because he cost nothing so the whole fee goes against the debt. thats different to say Chester where the purchase price is factored in (to an extent) 

I would be pretty surprised if we kept grealish to be honest.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well there are estimates from that swiss ramble web site - which are based on previous years figures - the predict we need to raise £40m. Other 'experts' have said much the same.

One or two accounty types - have said that selling Grealish is best - because he cost nothing so the whole fee goes against the debt. thats different to say Chester where the purchase price is factored in (to an extent) 

I would be pretty surprised if we kept grealish to be honest.

Yeah I know all that but that doesn't mean we "have to sell Grealish to balance the books".

I'd be surprised if we kept him too to be honest. But that's not because we need to sell him to balance the books. It's because I think he'll want to leave to progress his career. I think it would happen if we had no hole in the finance at all.

The silver lining will be that it will help to plug that hole.

Obviously that's pure speculation. If Xia is pushing him out the door to get the money then I'll be as annoyed as anyone.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

is there any evidence at all that we HAVE to sell Grealish to balance the books?

Genuine question

No just speculation in the media. As i say, hope its wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You can blame him for backing him with such a massive gamble. And if we really are a complete mess, he can be blamed for sticking with bruce last summer. 

• Like 1

Â