Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 11/1/2017 at 11:11, Grasshopper said:

I think that you are not considering the sheer volume of £££‘s that PL clubs get.

If we did get promoted there would be more than enough headroom to spend and add to that money.

IF, I say if but I believe, the good Dr has a PL club to market he will use it for sponsorship deals.

We wont go from a promoted club to CL contenters in 1 season, but I should imagine that a pretty good home record and a few away grindouts could have us lower-mid-table. that would be a good (re-)start to life in the PL. 

That should be achievable with some shrewd spending and what basics we have.

......we currently can' t afford to part with the best part 30 million on 2 damp squibs.

some of these poor signings are problems we can ill afford.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder if his presentation had an impact on the players. That was probably the most fight I've ever seen from there. 

What was the presentation, exactly?

The last time Xia gave a speech/presentation to the players was before the Rotherham match last season (RDM's only win as manager). 

Xia gives another presentation the day before yesterday's game and we come out the following day with an understrength team and have 26 attempts on goal (3 times the amount we had the previous week and possibly more than we've had in any other game under Bruce) and play with a vigour and attacking intent which is rarely seen.

As I've always thought our problems were motivational and morale based that's a fair coincidence.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 4

Tony Xia in attendance

Villa's owner Dr Tony Xia has taken a rare break from his business commitments out in China to check in at Bodymoor Heath.

Xia spent time with the squad today and delivered a presentation ahead of their match at Loftus Road.

The owner hasn’t been able to attend many matches this season but he will take in tomorrow’s game in west London before seeing Villa’s two home clashes against Sunderland and Ipswich Town.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/xia-aston-villa-training-session-13919027

On 11/19/2017 at 07:21, maqroll said:

What was the presentation, exactly?

A motivational one, i understand.

and judging by the success story of his company.......what better man to give it.

it shows the absolute teamwork that is now in place......what a difference from the Lerner era.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2017 at 07:56, Michael118 said:

The last time Xia gave a speech/presentation to the players was before the Rotherham match last season (RDM's only win as manager). 

Xia gives another presentation the day before yesterday's game and we come out the following day with an understrength team and have 26 attempts on goal (3 times the amount we had the previous week and possibly more than we've had in any other game under Bruce) and play with a vigour and attacking intent which is rarely seen.

As I've always thought our problems were motivational and morale based that's a fair coincidence.

Remind me to write something about confirmation bias sometime.

If we had only won two matches since Xia took over and he had given talks before both of them, you would have a point. But we've won lots of matches. How do you explain what happened before we ran riot against Norwich and Burton for example?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

How do you explain what happened before we ran riot against Norwich and Burton for example?

1 - both teams were shit

2 - injuries forced Bruces selections

Before „we ran Riot“ we played Cardiff & Reading

Edited by Grasshopper

3 hours ago, thefeet1980 said:

This is kind of crazy... but if it works...fair enough.

Open the full tweet to read the Dr’s lecture notes...

I've got as far as I can (inability to view beyond a certain number of slides, thankfully). That is utterly horrid, cultist bollocks.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, thefeet1980 said:

This is kind of crazy... but if it works...fair enough.

Open the full tweet to read the Dr’s lecture notes...

the first comment...

"Can only imagine Gabby’s face through all of this."  :D

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Remind me to write something about confirmation bias sometime.

If we had only won two matches since Xia took over and he had given talks before both of them, you would have a point. But we've won lots of matches. How do you explain what happened before we ran riot against Norwich and Burton for example?

How many matches have we won and won convincingly in terms of both the result and how we played under Bruce and RDM? If you think it's 4 times, 6 or even 8 and two of those came after Xia delivered a speech or presentation to the players that would still be telling.

Xia: 2/2  - 100%

RDM: 1/12  - 8%

Bruce: 4-8/56  - 7-14%

Â