Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

ye ye, but none of that will happen :lol:  

dream world. 

inb4 "it iz wiv bruce in cherge LOLOLOL" 

If you read my post again

If and when we get promoted DrT will have to budget at least 10mill per player for a PL standard. (plus wages)

So of the TV money plus DrT’s cash we would have to toy with

2x CB‘s 1x LB 1x DM 1/2x CM 1x LW 1x AM 1x CF 

80+mill for a start (plus wages)

and possibly a 1year payoff for SB and an increased salary for a new manager plus a possible buyout fee.

I can only see a rising figure coming out of all that.

——————————————

not dreaming

merely stating something possible

2 hours ago, hippo said:

IMO I don't think Dr T has the millions to throw at it.

It's only an opinion, but he has already thrown many millions at it, so on balance that would indicate that he has a number of more millions available.

13 hours ago, hippo said:

Heard a whisper that the club are quite pleased with an improvement in the clubs finances. The major concern at the club isn't if we don't go up this season the club are confident they can handle that. More of a problem is funding players purchases \ wages should we get back to the prem. 

It would seem there won't be significant cash available should we get promoted.

Forgive me if I’m remembering incorrectly, but weren’t you the poster who was saying you didn’t think FFP was holding us back and when questioned on it you put it down to a hunch?

If so then it seems quite a happy coincidence that the whispers you’ve supposedly heard back up your hunch...

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Forgive me if I’m remembering incorrectly, but weren’t you the poster who was saying you didn’t think FFP was holding us back and when questioned on it you put it down to a hunch?

If so then it seems quite a happy coincidence that the whispers you’ve supposedly heard back up your hunch...

Bottom line - Bruce spent £3m last summer - and has recently said he will have to sell to buy in Jan. Be that FFP or lack of resources the end result is we don't have cash to burn.

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bottom line - Bruce spent £3m last summer - and has recently said he will have to sell to buy in Jan. Be that FFP or lack of resources the end result is we don't have cash to burn.

Because of FFP as people have been saying for the last 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Yeah. Because of FFP. Which is the entire point. 

You seem determined to put that down to a lack of wealth rather than FFP restrictions. So far apparently based on a hunch and more than likely made up whispers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. Because of FFP. Which is the entire point. 

You seem determined to put that down to a lack of wealth rather than FFP restrictions. So far apparently based on a hunch and more than likely made up whispers. 

I don't think we will ever know. Whatever the reasons without major investment we wouldn't appear to be pulling up any trees any time soon. Doesn't really matter whether thats FFP or lack of Xia's billions.

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think we will ever know. Whatever the reasons without major investment we wouldn't appear to be pulling up any trees any time soon. Doesn't really matter whether thats FFP or lack of Xia's billions.

Well it does matter when the point you were making was that Xia isn't as wealthy as we all thought.

Anyway, you appear to be backtracking so I'll assume the whispers were questionable at best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well it does matter when the point you were making was that Xia isn't as wealthy as we all thought.

Anyway, you appear to be backtracking so I'll assume the whispers were questionable at best.

Not really backtracking - but I can't prove Xia's wealth, nor how much of that he is willing to pump into Aston Villa. The only way  to prove it with be if FFP were unequivocally lifted then Dr Tony would have a free hand to invest (or not)  

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not really backtracking - but I can't prove Xia's wealth, nor how much of that he is willing to pump into Aston Villa. The only way  to prove it with be if FFP were unequivocally lifted then Dr Tony would have a free hand to invest (or not)  

well thats not gonna happen is it.

So what was your point again?

4 hours ago, hippo said:

How much he has pumped in or been able to pump in will be there for all to see in March.

Your original point was that supposedly the clubs main concern was a lack of funds in the even of promotion.

Well our current FFP restrictions would be lifted in the event of promotion, so this the point would be proven either way.

14 hours ago, hippo said:

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...and how much in wages?

And how much the January before that?

All AFTER inheriting an already expensively (By Chamionship standards) squad?

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

How much he has pumped in or been able to pump in will be there for all to see in March.

Your original point was that supposedly the clubs main concern was a lack of funds in the even of promotion.

Well our current FFP restrictions would be lifted in the event of promotion, so this the point would be proven either way.

Theres that much stuff and flavours of FFP - it seems you can find a paragraph to suit any argument. My understanding is that on promotion you can raise the wage substantially,does that imply that bigger losses are acceptable too ?   

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Theres that much stuff and flavours of FFP - it seems you can find a paragraph to suit any argument. My understanding is that on promotion you can raise the wage substantially,does that imply that bigger losses are acceptable too ?   

I think that you are not considering the sheer volume of £££‘s that PL clubs get.

If we did get promoted there would be more than enough headroom to spend and add to that money.

IF, I say if but I believe, the good Dr has a PL club to market he will use it for sponsorship deals.

We wont go from a promoted club to CL contenters in 1 season, but I should imagine that a pretty good home record and a few away grindouts could have us lower-mid-table. that would be a good (re-)start to life in the PL. 

That should be achievable with some shrewd spending and what basics we have.

Edited by Grasshopper

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hey Tony, how come when I go to Villa Park I get searched everytime yet the people around me come in with flasks in their hands and practically bringing enough food and refreshments to feed the five thousand.

What's all that about Tone?

Is your point that when you are searched they take your food and flask from you or are you confusing flasks with flares?

• 2 weeks later...
Â