Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Well whats the difference in these two and Delph?  Is it because Delph said it to the fans instead of just the manager.  I'm glad the two have been outed as snakes they are.

• Like 4

His latest I can agree with....

Ppl all state that football is a special world. Still believe all true success requiring good behaviors. Right personality is a bottomline.

Although I'm not sure it is the right personality to be having a public spat with Ian Holloway after saying he has **** up.  Or to be openly critical of competitors and saying he knows why they were relegated.  Similarly not sure it is right personality to be calling current employees snakes at a time when they may or may not be leaving the club.

• Like 3

The snake tweet is the first one I have any worries about if only because it clearly refers to two current players as snakes. It isn't even very hard to work out who he is referring to.  This sort of thing can result in legal action against the club from the players.  It is not likely to, but it is ill judged.  I don't mind him sounding like a fan and having an opinion, but saying stuff like that about your employees in public is silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Well whats the difference in these two and Delph?  Is it because Delph said it to the fans instead of just the manager.  I'm glad the two have been outed as snakes they are.

The only bad thing in that tweet is the word "snakes" which he has picked up from Delphgate.  If he had finished it "we don't need players like that" we would all be saying spot on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

The only bad thing in that tweet is the word "snakes" which he has picked up from Delphgate.  If he had finished it "we don't need players like that" we would all be saying spot on.

Well i agree with that.  But the context still stands.  He could tweet 'they agreed to stay to manager and like Delph, left after someone else came in'

He (or whoever is 'tweeting' on his behalf) might not fully appreciate how offensive the term snake is. He might just see it as a standard slang-term for someone who's gone back on a decision. Like I said before I think him being on twitter is in part his version of Lerner's tattoo, an attempt to be seen as one of the fans.

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

His latest I can agree with....

Ppl all state that football is a special world. Still believe all true success requiring good behaviors. Right personality is a bottomline.

Although I'm not sure it is the right personality to be having a public spat with Ian Holloway after saying he has **** up.  Or to be openly critical of competitors and saying he knows why they were relegated.  Similarly not sure it is right personality to be calling current employees snakes at a time when they may or may not be leaving the club.

He seems to regret his earlier tweets. Maybe he has been told how unprofessional it is or he has been reading Villa Talk. One thing seems certain, he Tweets before he thinks.A worrying trend for a business owner and rather unsettling as I'm wondering if he operates every other of business on the same way.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

He seems to regret his earlier tweets. Maybe he has been told how unprofessional it is or he has been reading Villa Talk. One thing seems certain, he Tweets before he thinks.A worrying trend for a business owner and rather unsettling as I'm wondering if he operates every other of business on the same way.

Yeah worrying. I mean he seems a really unsuccessful business man. Very concerned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

rather unsettling as I'm wondering if he operates every other of business on the same way.

He seems to have done pretty well for himself either way.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Anyone still prepared to come on VT and defend this buffoon and his penchant for tweeting? He needs to stop. Plain and simple.

VT posters have been saying a lot worse about Clark. If Xia was saying that on VT it would be considered rather mild.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

VT posters have been saying a lot worse about Clark. If Xia was saying that on VT it would be considered rather mild.

One would hope we should have higher standards for the owner of the club, or anyone in a professional capacity.

If he starts tweeting "DHUTWU" about any attractive women, he'd fit right in here, but it probably wouldn't go down well.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

VT posters have a different relationship or position than the owner and Chairman of Aston Villa

26 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I really don't think he regrets anything I think he reluctantly probably takes them down after the likes of Wyness etc have a word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

how has this post got a single like? wtf. yeh the multi-billion industry in predicting results are the insane ones. and the biased idiot holloway is the realistic one in predicting league table finishes. good one.

i hope you enjoy all the money youre going to make because youll be basically printing money if the betting line is as wrong as you think it is.

The same bookies everyone seems to have so much faith in have newcastle to win the entire league at lower odds than us winning on sunday...

48 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The problem is they make him look like someone who just wants to be popular with the fans/be loved and they are incredibly unprofessional

In your opinion of course, you do not speak on behalf of people with an actual sense of humour and understand banter! The Holloway tweet was spot on anyway ffs, the guys a prick and has robbed a living out of football. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

In your opinion of course, you do not speak on behalf of people with an actual sense of humour and understand banter!

Calling one of your employees a snake isn't banter. Are you Richard Keys?

Even Dr X. himself (possibly on the advice of the Villa PR team) has recognised his error.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Calling one of your employees a snake isn't banter. Are you Richard Keys?

Even Dr X. himself (possibly on the advice of the Villa PR team) has recognised his error.

Oh dear, to quote the great Jim Jeffries, "if it looks like shit and it smells like shit... Then it probably is shit".

When did openness and honesty become such a crime? You need to remember that TX comes from a closeted, secretive culture and is suddenly able to express himself, and be listened to, on a public forum for probably the first time in his working life, give the guy a break and just enjoy the ride ffs! It's not like the FA will commission Batman to snatch him from a Singapore high-rise to answer charges of bad grammar!

• Like 1

Â