Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really don't think he regrets anything I think he reluctantly probably takes them down after the likes of Wyness etc have a word.

What a terrible way of running a football clubs communication with its fanbase. Why not have someone else rim it for him. Someone who speaks fluent English and does the have a tendency to be so controversial.

Edited by One For The Road

16 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The same bookies everyone seems to have so much faith in have newcastle to win the entire league at lower odds than us winning on sunday...

ok? lol thats nice?

"everyone seems to have so much faith in"...what are you implying here? they PRINT money. they have tons of data/experience. to not have so much faith in them is fundementally wrong. 

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, Richard said:

As predicted it was deleted not long after.  Not sure what is more embarrassing the posts or the fact they get deleted quickly

Would be fascinated to know the process by which they get deleted. Does someone at the club have to phone him and have an "err, Tony..." type discussion or does he have his own second thoughts?

59 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah worrying. I mean he seems a really unsuccessful business man. Very concerned. 

How do you know what he has done in business??? If you do then please let us know because there is a hell of a lot of people who believe he lis everything from a fraud to a puppet for the Chinese government. I don't know either way but with so many conflicting reports and his terrible way of using social media I am very confused athe the moment. 

Edited by One For The Road

6 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Oh dear, to quote the great Jim Jeffries, "if it looks like shit and it smells like shit... Then it probably is shit".

When did openness and honesty become such a crime? You need to remember that TX comes from a closeted, secretive culture and is suddenly able to express himself, and be listened to, on a public forum for probably the first time in his working life, give the guy a break and just enjoy the ride ffs! It's not like the FA will commission Batman to snatch him from a Singapore high-rise to answer charges of bad grammar!

I don't even....what?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

How do you know what he has done in business??? If you do then please let us know own because there is a hell of a lot of people who believe he lis everything from a fraud to a puppet for the Chinese government. I don't know either way but with so many conflicting reports and his terrible way of using social media I am very confused athe the moment. 

There's some crazy people on the internet who think those things. That's their problem. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's some crazy people on the internet who think those things. That's their problem. 

There is very little transparency around his dealings with Recon as well as the fact he said he owned 5 business and it turned out to be only 1. That kind of thing is likely to beg questions, especially when Chinese owners have a history in this city of being not what the seem.

There's plenty of transparency around Recon, as long as you can read Chinese. LHG are one the biggest companies of their kind in China, and have (I think) been visited by the President Xi. Also he owns more than five companies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

There is very little transparency around his dealings with Recon as well as the fact he said he owned 5 business and it turned out to be only 1. That kind of thing is likely to beg questions, especially when Chinese owners have a history in this city of being not what the seem.

Incorrect, this was about stock exchange LISTED businesses. There have been statements out since then saying that he owns even more than that. For instance, the one company he sold for 400 odd million, he said he had probably 27 businesses (I believe) of similar ilk he could sell for the same amounts.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

How far have we managed to sink? :o Mr. Jiantong Xia - if you are reading (and I am sure you are actually) - stop ridiculing us and our former great club.

We relegated at the worst possible moment in the history of the Premier League and our entire squad didn't seem to care one bit, now you are slagging off a loyal servant who has not yet departed the club? Also, think what you want about pundits in general and Ian Holloway, but all of these guys have tenfold the experience and knowledge about English football and Aston Villa compared to the new owner. Respect them, and they will treat you thereafter.

Now we have a new owner and he is doing all the wrong things, we have seen it so many times before. I do not really care where our owner is from, be it Asia, North America or Arabia, but we have seen numerous examples of non-footballing (m/b)illionaires coming in and destroying clubs for the fun of it. As far as this one goes, there are already red flags in the air and we haven't even kicked a ball yet. Pathetic. This guy might be successful in Asia and in other business sectors, but it does not mean a single thing when you operate a football club in Europe.

Writing personal tweets of this character is extremely unprofessional and childish at the same time - it is something a leader should never, ever do - it will only bring him negative media attention and lead to ridicule from everyone, well, except from the few fans on here who thinks it's hilarious for some reason. This owner has not proven anything, he has accomplished nothing at Aston Villa and we face a ridiculously hard task in promoting at the first attempt from the Championship. Every team will be after us, we need a solid foundation and climate for the manager and squad to work in. Imagine this guy when results are going against us (and they will!) - he just seems incredibly irrational. Read a leadership book and look at the successful owners around Europe. Be more like the non-vocal, fully supportive ones - do not end up like the Venky's, Gillett/Hicks or the embarrassing Comolli.

He came in and said we were going to be among the three best clubs in the world, that a lot of cash would be available for signings and that he loves Villa and has supported us for a long time. Yawn! This is what every person in the world would/could say, it's just empty words which will come back and bite him in the ass. Post a picture of yourself in a Villa-kit from when you were five years old or it didn't happen, so to speak. Spread these words within the club and share your resources with the ones in charge, do not act like a little child on the internet.

I for one expected a tough challenge in the Championship before he took over, now I am pretty certain we will have an even tougher challenge because of this owner who has decided to interfere and embarrass the club before our first game has even been played. Less talk and more action, keep yourself out of social media when it comes to AVFC please. Furthermore, if you insist on continuing, at least freshen up your English and/or hire a PA to do the job for you - reading nonsense is even more cringe-worthy when it is seemingly written by a child.

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Papillon said:

How far have we managed to sink? :o Mr. Jiantong Xia - if you are reading (and I am sure you are actually) - stop ridiculing us and our former great club.

We relegated at the worst possible moment in the history of the Premier League and our entire squad didn't seem to care one bit, now you are slagging off a loyal servant who has not yet departed the club? Also, think what you want about pundits in general and Ian Holloway, but all of these guys have tenfold the experience and knowledge about English football and Aston Villa compared to the new owner. Respect them, and they will treat you thereafter.

Now we have a new owner and he is doing all the wrong things, we have seen it so many times before. I do not really care where our owner is from, be it Asia, North America or Arabia, but we have seen numerous examples of non-footballing (m/b)illionaires coming in and destroying clubs for the fun of it. As far as this one goes, there are already red flags in the air and we haven't even kicked a ball yet. Pathetic. This guy might be successful in Asia and in other business sectors, but it does not mean a single thing when you operate a football club in Europe.

Writing personal tweets of this character is extremely unprofessional and childish at the same time - it is something a leader should never, ever do - it will only bring him negative media attention and lead to ridicule from everyone, well, except from the few fans on here who thinks it's hilarious for some reason. This owner has not proven anything, he has accomplished nothing at Aston Villa and we face a ridiculously hard task in promoting at the first attempt from the Championship. Every team will be after us, we need a solid foundation and climate for the manager and squad to work in. Imagine this guy when results are going against us (and they will!) - he just seems incredibly irrational. Read a leadership book and look at the successful owners around Europe. Be more like the non-vocal, fully supportive ones - do not end up like the Venky's, Gillett/Hicks or the embarrassing Comolli.

He came in and said we were going to be among the three best clubs in the world, that a lot of cash would be available for signings and that he loves Villa and has supported us for a long time. Yawn! This is what every person in the world would/could say, it's just empty words which will come back and bite him in the ass. Post a picture of yourself in a Villa-kit from when you were five years old or it didn't happen, so to speak. Spread these words within the club and share your resources with the ones in charge, do not act like a little child on the internet.

I for one expected a tough challenge in the Championship before he took over, now I am pretty certain we will have an even tougher challenge because of this owner who has decided to interfere and embarrass the club before our first game has even been played. Less talk and more action, keep yourself out of social media when it comes to AVFC please. Furthermore, if you insist on continuing, at least freshen up your English and/or hire a PA to do the job for you - reading nonsense is even more cringe-worthy when it is seemingly written by a child.

I disagree with most of that but everyone to their own i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

As predicted it was deleted not long after.  Not sure what is more embarrassing the posts or the fact they get deleted quickly

I've got no issue with the tweets per se. 

I do have an issue with him deleting them though. It looks weak. Not to others, I couldn't give a **** what fans of other clubs think, but to me. 

Stand by your convictions. 

It's a loose comparison but when I 'ran' the Twitter account for the protest group there were a few occasions where we came under scrutiny for something I/we said on there. When I say few, I mean daily! It's not in the same ballpark I know, but you must have the wherewithal and the self control to think, then tweet, then stand by that tweet. Particularly when you are representing others. I don't think I had to delete a single tweet, except for spelling errors!

He's clearly a very passionate man and I like that and I respect it, but I think at this stage somebody needs to have a word. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He is certainly managing to divide the fans. Is that a good thing when we need stability? An owner who is so divisive and spouts garbage on Twitter in broken English. I don't think so....

I'm sorry, but would you rather have an owner who was remote like Learner?

And sorry to say this, but where is your proof to support your comments......certainly managing to divide the fans.....so divisive and spouts garbage....in broken English?

Or is it a case of you disagreeing with everything he says?

We are all entitled to an opinion on forums and in life, just remember that not everyone agrees with everyone else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He is cerainly managing to divide the fans. Is that a good thing when we need stability? An owner who is so divisive and spouts garbage on Twitter in broken English. I don't think so...

No, he's certainly managed to divide some impatient fans who made their mind up early. I think some would have moaned about things regardless of his approach. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He is certainly managing to divide the fans. Is that a good thing when we need stability? An owner who is so divisive and spouts garbage on Twitter in broken English. I don't think so....

Ironically, dividing fans by sticking up for the club we are all supposed to support..pretty silly to me.

• Like 1

Â