Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

26 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Are you for real??? You think that we are gonna sign 5 or 6 new players this week and sell 8 or 9? Because that's the only way it won't be the same **** as last season.  I wanted almost everyone associated with the last few years of disaster to be booted out of the club. That hasn't happened at all and we have had 3 months.

And you think we are gong to make that many changes in ONE WEEK! On top of that, me saying confidently  that that will not happen is akin to predicting the 50 million to one lottery numbers. O....k........

You do realise the window closes 3rd September? As Di Matteo has explained , you have targets and then you have to wait for the other team to get replacements. People think it's as easy as picking a player and they sign straight away. Patience...

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Holloway slates AVFC (not for the first time) says we'll finish 16th yet the bookies have us as third favourites. Fact is that some fans have had it in for Tony since day 1 and will attack him given any opportunity. Why?

Should his predictions for league placements this season have simply consisted of a run-down of bookie's odds? 

15 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

You do realise the window closes 3rd September? As Di Matteo has explained , you have targets and then you have to wait for the other team to get replacements. People think it's as easy as picking a player and they sign straight away. Patience...

My post was about the starting line up v Sheffield Wednesday. In under a weeks time. 

Edited by One For The Road

Just now, One For The Road said:

We were specifically discussing the startingame line up v Sheffield Wednesday. In under a weeks time. 

Which will have a new keeper. 2 Cbs that never played last year. Potentially 2 cm that never played last year and Grealish that will be nothing like what he was last year. 

It's not 100% different (it was never going to be) but it won't be the exact same team as last year. 

I'd also imagine the bench will have at least one youngster who didn't feature at all last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Which will have a new keeper. 2 Cbs that never played last year. Potentially 2 cm that never played last year and Grealish that will be nothing like what he was last year. 

It's not 100% different (it was never going to be) but it won't be the exact same team as last year. 

I'd also imagine the bench will have at least one youngster who didn't feature at all last year. 

Sorry, but I don't think even you genuinely believe that we are going to finish 16th, or be relegated.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I notice you didn't mention the front line :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thee problem is that we were so so so pitifully dreadful last year that the entire squad needs to be totally unrecognisable from last seasons in order to have even a remote chance of avoiding another awful season. A few new signings isn't even close to being enough and even worse than that, is the continued employment of Richards, Lescott, Bacuna and Gabby. It doesn't matter who we sign if those **** are still at the club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Thee problem is that we were so so so pitifully dreadful last year that the entire squad needs to be totally unrecognisable from last seasons in order to have even a remote chance of avoiding another awful season. A few new signings isn't even close to being enough and even worse than that, is the continued employment of Richards, Lescott, Bacuna and Gabby. It doesn't matter who we sign if those **** are still at the club. 

Whilst we would all like that... Realistically was it ever going to be a complete overhaul in one summer?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst we would all like that... Realistically was it ever going to be a complete overhaul in one summer?

No, but we should have made a hell of a lot more changes than we have done by now. I'd rather play the under 12's this season than the likes of Lescott and Bacuna. They should just have their contracts terminated. Yeah you'd still have to pay them off but at least they would be no where near the club with poisonous attitudes. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

3rd favourites for the league?  They are insane.

Hell we are 3rd favourites in a 3 horse race for Sundays game

Sheffield Wednesday 6/5
Draw 11/5
Aston Villa 12/5

When RDM was appointed he said Villa were like a house that needed to be knocked down and started over. We haven't even broken a window or kicked a door in yet, 2 or 3 in and out isn't anything like the wholesale changes needed and we still have just about all of the absolute crap from last year that got us here in the first place.

For those that hadn't noticed our season starts in 5 days and in trying to completely overhaul one of the worst teams ever to grace the premier league we have signed a young keeper who could be great or could be useless, a defender who was injured for nearly all of last year and a young midfielder who again was injured for most of last year. 

Holloways prediction of 16th is a damned sight more realistic than the bookies 3rd.

He wasn't just talking about the players though, he was also talking about the coaching staff and in fairness, we've made some good appointments there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Are you for real??? You think that we are gonna sign 5 or 6 new players this week and sell 8 or 9? Because that's the only way it won't be the same **** as last season.  I wanted almost everyone associated with the last few years of disaster to be booted out of the club. That hasn't happened at all and we have had 3 months.

And you think we are gong to make that many changes in ONE WEEK! On top of that, me saying confidently  that that will not happen is akin to predicting the 50 million to one lottery numbers. O....k........

Are YOU for real? When has that ever happened to a club in a similar position to ours? Players that pretty much nobody wants on big money and long contracts are not easy to shift. 

29 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He wasn't just talking about the players though, he was also talking about the coaching staff and in fairness, we've made some good appointments there.

I know but hiring some better people to polish turds still leaves us with lots of turds

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I know but hiring some better people to polish turds still leaves us with lots of turds

Whilst that's true, it's still an improvement and hopefully a long term fix to a problem we've had for years. Some of the turds we have are going to be very difficult to flush, I reckon.

In regards to the Twitter Tony/ Holloway flirting thing, firstly, no matter which club you support, whether it is the beautiful Villa, or Manchester, Leeds or Torquay United, the vast majority of football fans will not like the club you support. Secondly, predictions on where clubs finish could never be taken seriously. Last season, for example. Most pundits had Chelsea and Man City fighting for the title, Leicester relegated, and Villa finishing mid table. We know how that all worked out. There are a lot of people out there who have really bad taste and don't like Villa, but that is their loss, so...don't care. Newcastle are heavily favoured, and it is possible that they will win, but certainly not definite. Villa finish 16th? Lets just see about that.

Â