Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For those who aren't happy we haven't made massive changes. Cast your mind back to last summer and have a look how doing that panned out. 

Exactly another doomed season then with losers dont that cant be asked

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

3rd favourites for the league?  They are insane.

Hell we are 3rd favourites in a 3 horse race for Sundays game

Sheffield Wednesday 6/5
Draw 11/5
Aston Villa 12/5

When RDM was appointed he said Villa were like a house that needed to be knocked down and started over. We haven't even broken a window or kicked a door in yet, 2 or 3 in and out isn't anything like the wholesale changes needed and we still have just about all of the absolute crap from last year that got us here in the first place.

For those that hadn't noticed our season starts in 5 days and in trying to completely overhaul one of the worst teams ever to grace the premier league we have signed a young keeper who could be great or could be useless, a defender who was injured for nearly all of last year and a young midfielder who again was injured for most of last year. 

Holloways prediction of 16th is a damned sight more realistic than the bookies 3rd.

how has this post got a single like? wtf. yeh the multi-billion industry in predicting results are the insane ones. and the biased idiot holloway is the realistic one in predicting league table finishes. good one.

i hope you enjoy all the money youre going to make because youll be basically printing money if the betting line is as wrong as you think it is.

Edited by gharperr
hint: its not.

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Are YOU for real? When has that ever happened to a club in a similar position to ours? Players that pretty much nobody wants on big money and long contracts are not easy to shift. 

The context of my post was that my suggestion that it will be a similar team next week to the one that finished last season is NOT like predicting the lottery numbers. I don't know what you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Anyone still prepared to come on VT and defend this buffoon and his penchant for tweeting? He needs to stop. Plain and simple.

What is wrong with this tweet, then? I do not understand. If Ghana and Clark have told RDM and Xia that they will stay and they quickly thereafter are leaving, I think anyone associated with the club, including you and me, have every right to be pissed off. This regardless of whether we are actually happy with these players leaving - it is all about showing Aston Villa FC some F****** RESPECT! I doubt he is lying on this subject (do you?) and if so I think this provides information which is quite unique and interesting (do you?) and which explains some of the difficulties with transfer windows (you know; i.a. why we do not just sign a lot of players NOW). So yes, I am prepared to defend this tweet, there is nothing wrong with it - Clark seems to have played our club and deserves to be outed.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I think his tweets are f*****g ace! Can't wait for boob pics and links to Guns n Roses videos!

All the Luddites need to lighten up a bit.

I know yeah, I hope he swears again soon too, that was so cool! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I think his tweets are f*****g ace!

The problem is they make him look like someone who just wants to be popular with the fans/be loved and they are incredibly unprofessional

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

As predicted it was deleted not long after.  Not sure what is more embarrassing the posts or the fact they get deleted quickly

Once it's out in the ether it doesn't matter if he deletes it. It could have already been used in a newspaper article by the time he deleted it.

I agree his tweets are unprofessional and he is trying to connect with the fans, but lets remember he is from China and and language cultural niavity does come into this.  Some of his posts seem to be mimicking some of the lanuage and crap you read on twitter and forums - not a good idea and I am sure he will quickly learn what 'he' writes has much bigger consequences.  The flipside, I like that he is speaking honestly - not giving us diluted sterile soundbites that are so "safe" they tell us nothing.  

Edit - if he helps build a great AVFC I could care less what he tweets.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Â