Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Moral of the story, only call someone a dickhead if they are actually a proper, genuine dickhead - like farkin Holloway. 

So Holloway is 'proper genuine dickhead' because you think he talks crap?  So its perfectly ok for our chairman to talk crap? Can you not see the irony?

Furthermore, its not ok to say something just because it may be correct. 

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, this "dickhead" just needs to stop communicating with you lot, the way I see it. F8ck*ng pathetic. Bring back the Lerner silence, no way to win with some of you fools. God forbid a Villa person gets pissed off at their club being written off and slated by a clearing in the woods who dislikes us already.

So there is absolutely no middle ground between Lerner's silence and Xia's childish tantrums?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Which, of course is the same thing; minimum investment for maximum return.  Or do you seriously believe Amazon or Google operate in any other way??! It's just the time perspective that is different, not the modus operandi or the goal. 

They do, as do many more enlightened and successful businesses, but it's off topic, so I'll leave it there.

I'm hoping it's perhaps a culture clash and Wyness will advise him to wind it in a bit, though it would take some balls to tell your billionaire boss what to do.  Time to get a couple of signings in to show us a bit of substance and calm everyone down a bit.

Fair play to Tony for calling Holloway out on his BS. He may have went a little over the top with his word choice but I'm sick of watching pundits take the piss whenever they get a chance. I'm not entirely convinced we make out of this division but anything outside of top 10 would be absolutely shocking when you look at some of the teams in the bottom half.

Edited by NSmith22
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Fair play to Tony for calling Holloway out on his BS. 

I don't think there is much of what Holloway said I could disagree with TBH.

The squad is a joke right now. All I'm hearing right now from the good Dr is a lot of talk and not much action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I don't think there is much of what Holloway said I could disagree with TBH.

The squad is a joke right now. All I'm hearing right now from the good Dr is a lot of talk and not much action.

That's a textbook doom and gloom response that has completely infested this board. Some of it has been warranted in the past but let's give the club a clean slate, yeah?

Can't see how Xia has earn't the respect of us fans yet. We know nothing about him, apart from his antics on twitter, I really think its time to put his money where his mouth is.  We all know how a chairman can earn respect, an its not slating some has been manager on twitter.

Any new owner should understand, the first thing they need to do is invest in players, an most do, apart from maybe the fakes, Venky's come to mind

Xia needs to consentrate on the priorities of our football team, instead of wasting his time on twitter. He is losing my respect, an after reading a few on here, i'm thinking many other fans aren't taking to him either.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Jeez you English really are PC. Yes, the tweeting will end at some stage, probably because the complaining will force him to stop. In the long run I thus agree this is not a good idea and it will be similar to Krulak.  However, it does give an unprecedented insight so I say let's enjoy while we can.  Yes, he could have worded the response more carefully and thereby comply with all your English conservative ideas on how to behave. However, he was responding to a person who previously has been incredibly disrespectful toward Villa and it's by effing time someone representing Villa stand up for the club. All in my non-English opinion of course B)

Why don't you just say welsh and be done with it.

Â