Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And if we buy the players we need in the next 5 weeks and get promotion first time of asking you won;t be calling him a dickhead cos you is fickle.

I'll keep calling him a dickhead for as long as he acts like a dickhead.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'll keep calling him a dickhead for as long as he acts like a dickhead.

Yup, this "dickhead" just needs to stop communicating with you lot, the way I see it. F8ck*ng pathetic. Bring back the Lerner silence, no way to win with some of you fools. God forbid a Villa person gets pissed off at their club being written off and slated by a clearing in the woods who dislikes us already.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

slated? Holloway expressed his opinion on where we will finish and he probably isnt far off from the actual finishing spot position

Xia acted like a petulant spoiled baby in his response and should grow up

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, this "dickhead" just needs to stop communicating with you lot, the way I see it. F8ck*ng pathetic. Bring back the Lerner silence, no way to win with some of you fools. God forbid a Villa person gets pissed off at their club being written off and slated by a clearing in the woods who dislikes us already.

There's a massive **** gaping spectrum of acceptable behaviour between "outspoken petulance" and "so silent I'm not sure he really exists".

• Like 1

I think the problem is Xia has took to Twitter in the past in order to make himself one of the fans. Talking about the club with us, getting excited with us, etc.

Unfortunately he also got smegged off. I like that he talks on there and is as passionate as us, but he probably does need reining in a bit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the whole talk of the fans being the 12th man is all bollox. The idea of "support-ers" is bollox. The idea that a stadium full of encouragement fires up players is bollox. If your child was at a football match, made a mistake and started being booed by the whole crowd, I am guessing you would tell him to man up and have no issue with the crowd. (Please don't response with bollox like they are not children and well paid professionals because that is obvious).

It's almost as if footballers are humans too. It is almost as if positive vibes encourage people in every walk of life, from the tea lady on wards. Tea Lady makes a cup not to your taste once we gonna boo her every time she is carrying a cup?

I have no idea what the hell Lescott's tweets have to do with this.

Of course teams thrive on encouragement and it is what we all want to give.

However, when that encouragement is not responded to week in week out month in month out and even year in and year out......it can make you look a bit of a tit.

Under normal circumstances Villa fans are up there with the best, but Imo we have been short changed for years for sure the landscape has changed and to find players with passion, drive and desire to accompany the mandatory skills is difficult.....but when you get paid gargantuan sums of money, should expect it to be easy?

Our standards have gradually slipped over the years, by the increments mentioned above, we have been sleep walking in to where we are today....So in that light it does take a strong constitution to whistle a happy tune.

I do subscribe to the notion that all of that needs a line drawn underneath it and a turn around needs to start somewhere.....but it takes " two to tango"

lets hope that both the club and the fans can show the willingness to start that long awaited turn around.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's a massive **** gaping spectrum of acceptable behaviour between "outspoken petulance" and "so silent I'm not sure he really exists".

We should roll over and tuck our tails between our legs like good little respectable bitches, same as the team last year. I genuinely don't think I can take some of this, as I said earlier in the thread. I am beginning to wonder if this is a sport, or house of parliament.  I'm guessing he should have tweeted something along the lines of "I humbly, honorably and respectfully disagree my lord".

45 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Lerner, even with his faults, a ott least left us with a reputation as a sound and fair club to do business with. That has a value all of its own, and something I don't want trashed by some easily rattled baby. This kind of behavior is weak. Being unable to take criticism is weak. I don't buy this Trumpian notion that attacking people is fair game because it shows you are strong. In truth it is the opposite.

And if I hear one more numpty complain about political correctness... christ above.

Defending Lerner in the opening sentence ruins anything else you were about to post. 

So its ok for our chairman to act like a numpty, because he was talking about another numpty?

Makes perfect sense. 

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's nothing fickle about wanting someone who effectively represents the club to act professionally, whether his stewardship is a success or not.

You are right. But I was saying if you call someone a dickhead, then change your mind because that same dickhead goes and invests in your team and gets you success, you aint gonna be calling them a dickhead any longer. Moral of the story, only call someone a dickhead if they are actually a proper, genuine dickhead - like farkin Holloway. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You are right. But I was saying if you call someone a dickhead, then change your mind because that same dickhead goes and invests in your team and gets you success, you aint gonna be calling them a dickhead any longer. Moral of the story, only call someone a dickhead if they are actually a proper, genuine dickhead - like farkin Holloway. 

Correct!

1 hour ago, blandy said:

No it bloody shouldn't! That's so, so wrong on several levels. if you invest as little as you can get away with, you're not planning to succeed - it's the low rent Mike Ashley approach.

The really successful companies and businesses are much smarter than that. The invest well beyond minimum levels. From Google letting people work a number of hours on whatever they like, to Amazon investing year after year in building and building, for no return at all, other than growing the business, so that eventually the return will be huge.

Which, of course is the same thing; minimum investment for maximum return.  Or do you seriously believe Amazon or Google operate in any other way??! It's just the time perspective that is different, not the modus operandi or the goal. 

Â