Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

bit out of the loop, but is there anything solid on Samuelson actually having anything to do with the board?

Wyness will be CEO, Samuelson is set to be Exectutive Chairman

2 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

bit out of the loop, but is there anything solid on Samuelson actually having anything to do with the board?

Not really.  I think it was one report in the Sun?  They could have just been going on the picture with his name on the back of the shirt.  Papers also reported the VP was going to be renamed Lotus Villa Park and that was bull so hope this is too. 

15 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Not really.  I think it was one report in the Sun?  They could have just been going on the picture with his name on the back of the shirt.  Papers also reported the VP was going to be renamed Lotus Villa Park and that was bull so hope this is too. 

He was also pictured at Villa Park with Xia at the Newcastle game

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

He was also pictured at Villa Park with Xia at the Newcastle game

That's right.  I think that picture and the one in the changing room confirm he is definitely part of the bid team, but the link to the board only really comes from that Sun article (blog) that said he was set to be named as executive chairman in the new structure.  Hoping that is just paper talk, but time will tell.

36 minutes ago, KHV said:

Wyness will be CEO, Samuelson is set to be Exectutive Chairman

I thought Tony was going to Chairman as per the original announcement? Given that photo likely Samuelson and Wyness are involved but CEO for Wyness and Samuelson simply on the board? Recon (with Tony as CEO/Chairman) would be the owner though and make the ultimate decisions. 

Samuelson's financial connections aren't great and a little concerning but if he is just a board member, he won't have significant influence on where the money comes from, that is Tony and Recon. It kind of gives me the impression that Samuelson and Wyness are there more as the Football people like King/Bernstein which Hollis knew we needed badly. If it was in this capacity I could live with it. Besides if he pissed off Tony, he would likely just kick him off the board.

It was posted a page ago, but he's done another interview which should allay some fears.

Main points (all encouraging to hear!):

- The current scouting team needs to take responsibility for a lot of our failures and needs a revamp 

- He strongly denies any plans to rename Villa Park

- He says there is no reason why he would fail the FL's Director test as everything he does is above board

- While he has strong connections to Chinese government officials, they do not influence his businesses

- He is normally uneasy with the media (due to the 'insane' Harvard accusations), but has been more open recently as he wants to communicate and reassure us, the fans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/24/aston-villa-new-owner-lines-up-roberto-di-matteo-and-prepares-to/

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I thought Tony was going to Chairman as per the original announcement? Given that photo likely Samuelson and Wyness are involved but CEO for Wyness and Samuelson simply on the board? Recon (with Tony as CEO/Chairman) would be the owner though and make the ultimate decisions. 

Samuelson's financial connections aren't great and a little concerning but if he is just a board member, he won't have significant influence on where the money comes from, that is Tony and Recon. It kind of gives me the impression that Samuelson and Wyness are there more as the Football people like King/Bernstein which Hollis knew we needed badly. If it was in this capacity I could live with it. Besides if he pissed off Tony, he would likely just kick him off the board.

Maybe its just me -but if that structure is confirmed i would suspect Wyness would have a very short shelf life. 

20 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

It was posted a page ago, but he's done another interview which should allay some fears.

Main points (all encouraging to hear!):

- The current scouting team needs to take responsibility for a lot of our failures and needs a revamp 

- He strongly denies any plans to rename Villa Park

- He says there is no reason why he would fail the FL's Director test as everything he does is above board

- While he has strong connections to Chinese government officials, they do not influence his businesses

- He is normally uneasy with the media (due to the 'insane' Harvard accusations), but has been more open recently as he wants to communicate and reassure us, the fans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/24/aston-villa-new-owner-lines-up-roberto-di-matteo-and-prepares-to/

All brilliant news. Someone needs to make a flow chart for how these interviews work along these lines:

Xia gives interview -> certain statements are scrutinized -> gives another interview and quashes fears -> certain statements are scrutinized. etc. etc. etc.

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

All brilliant news. Someone needs to make a flow chart for how these interviews work along these lines:

Xia gives interview -> certain statements are scrutinized -> gives another interview and quashes fears -> certain statements are scrutinized. etc. etc. etc.

Yes, it can go on forever until all his time is wasted on these nonsense. 

Xia will soon learn he should avoid unnecessary interview, or appoint someone who will speak for him. 

• Like 2

Is Neil Connor the same reporter who wrote Monday's Telegraph article (full of accusations)? If so, that shows some real class to conduct a face-to-face interview so quickly. I just hope Tony isn't trying to please the people all of the time - it is an impossible and thankless task.

• Like 2

I dont understand this requirement of the Premier League to check if he is a fit and proper person to run Aston Villa.I mean if Lerner passed it then surley a donkey could pass it ?

• Like 1

Â