England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Too be honest I still don't think Roy did that much wrong, even if we had for Portugal.

same, think its blown way out of proportion.

He made like what, 3 non standard changes? Quite a large number of people wanted vardy on the pitch, sterling off it, and ali+kane given a rest. The drop of in quality between clyne/walker was pretty negligible. maybe was some in bertrand for rose but i really cant remember anything on that left side. And Rooney was not an upgrade on wilshire when he come on (maybe rooney lost all his MOMENTUM though...both struggled just as bad as each other in that game)

The only thing that i would say that was fully wrong in that game was getting the only man whos got a good touch, good at his feet, someone who can score out of nothing in tight spaces....coming so deep to get the ball all the time.

And hendo was actually alright apart from setpieces, was an upgrade on ali past 2 performances

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Too be honest I still don't think Roy did that much wrong, even if we had for Portugal.

me neither. If you go all the way you have to play 7 games so its important to use the squad otherwise you may as well just have a 16 man squad, 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's definitely been blown out of proportion.

Don't get me wrong, I DO think Monday was a mistake.

But people are acting like he's  got everything wrong. Just listening to the radio and the presenter said "I haven't seen anything from Hodgson to suggest he has a clue what he's doing"

It's utterly ridiculous.

• Like 2

Genuine question that I've never figured out.

What constitutes a "successful" dribble?

How far do you have to move for it to be deemed a dribble? I assume successful just means you didn't get tackled.

But if Wayne Rooney collects the ball, runs 3 steps and then passes it, is that a successful dribble?