England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, its like not being bothered if Villa lost in the 3rd round or the 4th round of the FA cup last season because we had no chance of winning it.

Whilst that's a crap analogy, because England have a far better chance of winning the euros than we did of winning the FA Cup last season, it still doesn't really make sense.

I'd still want Villa to get as far as they can. Certainly if they were in the last 16!

3 minutes ago, useless said:

It means nothing unless you win the thing.

Bollocks.

I'd be far more happy with a tournament like Euro 96 than World Cup 2014.

We won neither, but defeat in the semis is far more enjoyable and a far better achievement.

If competitions mean nothing unless you win them then why do we bother supporting Villa?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

You might enjoy it more, but unless you actually win a trophy, it counts for nothing. That's the problem with football these days too many too prepared to play second best, all the time.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

tournaments are about the ride, the being down the pub with all your mates watching the game, all supporters of different teams, some of them not really that in to football, all coming together for the tournament, its the inexplicable belief that something could happen even though really we all know better, followed by that inevitable disappointment when we lose

club football cant touch the buzz of an international tournament

i can tell you where i was for every england tournament game for the last 20 years

I can see where you're coming from but I hate watching England at the pub for all those reasons....idiots who don't know anything about football jumping on the bandwagon. Bit like everyone who just watches Tennis for two weeks during Wimbledon and slags off Murray when he loses a semi/final to one of the greatest players of all time.

Still though as much as international football is easy to slag off through the season for the two week breaks to play Andorra and friendlies international tournaments are special.

I reckon any ROI fan would've got as much joy if not more from the Brady winner than anything their club team has done in last few years. Same for Wales.

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm the opposite, I hate watching England by myself, find myself constantly shouting at the TV because I hate half the players and can't stand the manager

Only half? Still an improvement on watching the villa then ;)

Most of the rags, radio and social media reporting that Sterling is going to start this evening. If true Roy shoud be sacked on the spot and dragged naked down the Champs-Élysées so fans have the opportunity to throw rotten tomatoes at him. 

It's actually a clever plan, we struggled against Slovakia because they didn't want the ball. Sterling will prevent that from happening to us tonight.

If England win tonight, then I think they'll go on to win the whole competition. But I've got a feeling that tonight could provide the tournament's first real memorable moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

If England win tonight, then I think they'll go on to win the whole competition. But I've got a feeling that tonight could provide the tournament's first real memorable moment.

germany manager sniffing his own ballsack/ armpit for me