England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Iceland looked really tired vs Austria and have worked really hard in most games and I believe have led in all of them.

England go in with a high tempo they should win easily for me

• Like 2

Bit random but pretty sure Scotland have an amazing record v Iceland...think they've won all 4 qualifiers v them pretty easily while obviously struggling against likes of Lithuania, Macedonia and Georgia.

Ah the jocks probably still won't qualify if euros went up to 50 teams.

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Iceland looked really tired vs Austria and have worked really hard in most games and I believe have led in all of them.

England go in with a high tempo they should win easily for me

Iceland were behind against Portugal (not that I disagree with your overall analysis). 

Controversial opinion alert....**

For the good of the tournament, every neutral should be wanting England to win tomorrow.

Iceland story been great but I'm stick to death of watching defence v attack games in this tournament...I want to see a proper end to end classic between two decent teams. Iceland would realistically just park the bus for 90 minutes.

England and France both have some superb attacking players but both also look weak in defence and unbalanced in central midfield. It could be similar game to England-Portugal in 2004 (with probably the same outcome).

Hope it happens..never thought I'd type these words but come on England! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Controversial opinion alert....**

For the good of the tournament, every neutral should be wanting England to win tomorrow.

Iceland story been great but I'm stick to death of watching defence v attack games in this tournament...I want to see a proper end to end classic between two decent teams. Iceland would realistically just park the bus for 90 minutes.

England and France both have some superb attacking players but both also look weak in defence and unbalanced in central midfield. It could be similar game to England-Portugal in 2004 (with probably the same outcome).

Hope it happens..never thought I'd type these words but come on England! :ph34r:

England have been extremely dull too, boring football. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

They were fine v Wales in terms of getting forward.

Sometimes move it a bit slow but France would come out and play and push men forward.

Think Sagna and Evra are really starting to creak now playing every week at their age, Evra been really poor this tournament and playing his age, Sagna in fairness did well 2nd half. That's an area England can target.

I just think it would be a fascinating match up so hope it happens. Do people really want France-Iceland quarters, would be a joke of a draw for France.

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I hardly think we are to blame for teams sitting 10 men behind the ball. I imagine if England did that, we'd be labelled boring and not our opposition.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They were fine v Wales in terms of getting forward.

Sometimes move it a bit slow but France would come out and play and push men forward.

Think Sagna and Evra are really starting to creak now playing every week at their age, Evra been really poor this tournament and playing his age, Sagna in fairness did well 2nd half. That's an area England can target.

I just think it would be a fascinating match up so hope it happens. Do people really want France-Iceland quarters, would be a joke of a draw for France.

England have been impotent and they move the ball too slowly for my liking, passing it side-wards for the most part. I find this sort of football extremely boring. 

• Like 1

I think we'd be far more comfortable counter attacking, so France/Germany are a good fit in that sense. Italy would be a nightmare matchup for us, though. I think the main issue is Germany and France seem to throw a lot of crosses in and I don't trust us defensively in that area.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Meh... It's not like we've a prayer of winning the thing so couldn't careless if we lose to Iceland, France, Germany or whoever.

I don't really understand that, surely you want to get as far as possible? Otherwise, 99% of football clubs shouldn't bother

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

England have been impotent and they move the ball too slowly for my liking, passing it side-wards for the most part. I find this sort of football extremely boring. 

It would nice to us get a first half goal so teams wouldn't sit back the whole time against us. Not taking Iceland lightly but I ecpect us to beat them and although I make France favs against us I think we have a real chance as they will have to make a change in their defence and Kante suspended  and they have two ageing fullbacks. I can see our forwards having success against them. Walker will run them ragged. Fear Griezmann now he's amomgst the goals though.

• Like 2

Rooney saying good things on ITV about improving the tempo and making them work harder. 

We will get the hang of breaking teams down and forget how to counter against France :P

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't really understand that, surely you want to get as far as possible? Otherwise, 99% of football clubs shouldn't bother

Exactly.

It's like not being bothered if Villa lose in the 3rd round of the FA cup every year because we probably won't win it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly.

It's like not being bothered if Villa lose in the 3rd round of the FA cup every year because we probably won't win it.

No, its like not being bothered if Villa lost in the 3rd round or the 4th round of the FA cup last season because we had no chance of winning it.