Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He hasn't though.

I wouldn't swap any of Westwood, Gana or Veretout for Bannan.

Sanchez, maybe.

There may be a case for Gana but the rest are atrocious beyond belief

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I know why this thread was set up but it is now looking like it might have a short shelf life.

said it when it was first opened. This is a pointless thread at this stage

• 2 months later...

Holloway has us down for 16th in his predictions. Top 4 are Newcastle, Brighton, Derby and Sheff Weds.

And before most of you mock him he has two promotions and one relegation from that league so I'd say he's a good predictor of teams chances.

AS IT STANDS it's hard to argue Holloway's assessment. We had an awful squad that has not bern obviously enhanced. The biggest weaknesses have not been addressed as we lack any potency in attack. Even if our keeper is much better it just means we'll lose 2-0 instead of 4-0.

However that doesn't mean relegation. The quality has dropped so we can expect to avoid relegation with relative ease, and 17th would be in a 24 team division. I personally think we'll finish marginally higher than that but still a way of playoff places.

Unless of course we get some proper investment, but that is looking increasingly unlikely. Unfortunately most signs point to us not even being the third biggest team in the Midlands in five to ten years, never mind the world.

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Holloway has us down for 16th in his predictions. Top 4 are Newcastle, Brighton, Derby and Sheff Weds.

And before most of you mock him he has two promotions and one relegation from that league so I'd say he's a good predictor of teams chances.

So how many would put your money on Villa finsihing 16th or lower?  Not going to happen.

Edited by Gary Thomas

41 minutes ago, AJ said:

The team needs to understand that playing backwards sideways football does not win matches.

After 5 minutes of the game on Saturday watching us knocking it around the back 5 I said to my mate we'd get mugged at some point for a goal, and we did.

For the amount of hate Holloway receives from Villa fans, his opinion still seems to hold a lot of sway. Before this prediction of his I hardly saw anyone else suggesting that we'd finish in the bottom half, now suddenly a plethora of fans on social media, are suggesting precisely that.

It is far too early to make predictions, we will learn a lot more in the next few weeks. I think we are only missing a proven goal scorer to have a squad worthy of being in the top 6. It is obvious the media want us to fail further, but I think we will have the last laugh.  UTV

• Like 1

Â