Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

23 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

We won't be relegated this season!

Pointless thread. 

This thread is more relevant than the promotion thread at the minute. Last years team was one of the worst teams to have ever appeared in any proffesional league in England! Its the same squad and the additions of Elphick, Tshibola and Gollini have done nothing at all to change that

• Like 1

I voted 17-20th in the optimism gauge thread. My logic relies more on the mental side. On paper many of you are right, we should be comfortably mid-table. However, we're VERY weak mentally, and a bad start can get the ball rolling in the wrong direction very easily with the fans turning against our squad made of the same shameful players as last season.

We need to get more new blood in. Even if they're no better than the old ones. More changes are needed.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

no chance we are going down. This thread will be as redundant as the transfer thread in no time ;) 

So nothing for weeks and then a flurry of activity shortly before the end of the season?

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I voted 17-20th in the optimism gauge thread. My logic relies more on the mental side. On paper many of you are right, we should be comfortably mid-table. However, we're VERY weak mentally, and a bad start can get the ball rolling in the wrong direction very easily with the fans turning against our squad made of the same shameful players as last season.

We need to get more new blood in. Even if they're no better than the old ones. More changes are needed.

AVT, I am in complete agreement with you. My claret and blue rose tinted glasses self combusted after half a dozen games last season, and although I would like to think we might make the play offs, with the turgid shit "bomb squad" players  still here, I'm afraid I cannot see it. Hope I'm wrong, but doubt it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

AVT, I am in complete agreement with you. My claret and blue rose tinted glasses self combusted after half a dozen games last season, and although I would like to think we might make the play offs, with the turgid shit "bomb squad" players  still here, I'm afraid I cannot see it. Hope I'm wrong, but doubt it.

Except of course things MIGHT change dramatically between now and the end of the window.  In that lies hope !

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Bookies think we're 3rd favourite to win the league.

3rd favourite eh ?  We've replaced 3 players.

Last season we won 3 games, scored 27 goals.

The two sides relegated with us won 9 each, scoring 39 and 44 goals.  Newcastle 20 points away from us.

The best 6 sides from the Championship that FAILED to get promoted were Brighton, 24 Wins, 72 goals, Derby, 21 Wins, 66 goals, Sheff Wed, 19 Wins, 66 goals, Ipswich, 18 Wins, 53 goals, Cardiff, 17 Wins, 56 Goals, and Brentford, 19 Wins, and 72 goals.

So the bookies, and anyone else who expects us to get promoted as things stand, is expecting us to turn 3 Wins and 27 goals into something like 24 Wins and 60/70 goals ?

I'll have some of what they are taking !!

• Like 4

Just now, terrytini said:

The two sides relegated with us won 9 each, scoring 39 and 44 goals.  Newcastle 20 points away from us.

The best 6 sides from the Championship that FAILED to get promoted were Brighton, 24 Wins, 72 goals, Derby, 21 Wins, 66 goals, Sheff Wed, 19 Wins, 66 goals, Ipswich, 18 Wins, 53 goals, Cardiff, 17 Wins, 56 Goals, and Brentford, 19 Wins, and 72 goals.

So the bookies, and anyone else who expects us to get promoted as things stand, is expecting us to turn 3 Wins and 27 goals into something like 24 Wins and 60/70 goals ?

Well that's the good thing about bookmakers, you can take their odds and make yourself a very rich man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Well that's the good thing about bookmakers, you can take their odds and make yourself a very rich man.

The reason we are third favourite is because of the money placed on us, as always with bookies.  The are not, and never have been, assessors of quality.  But I know you knew that.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

they also had Leicester 5000/1 to win the league last season ;)

The Leicester team which almost got relegated, won the league with pretty much the same team.:D

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

The reason we are third favourite is because of the money placed on us, as always with bookies.  The are not, and never have been, assessors of quality.  But I know you knew that.

Gives me hope they know something about how shit the championship is that they have us third. 

• Like 1

Â