The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

If someone wants to make money the club needs to be comparatively successful. Just recently the club has been comparatively shite. I refer successful thanks

You would think that they will market us extensively back home so that we become "the" premier league club in China (as has been said above) I am very comfortable with that.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

You would think that they will market us extensively back home so that we become "the" premier league club in China (as has been said above) I am very comfortable with that.

The Chinese do seem to be joined up in their strategy so couldn't see two Chinese groups competing with each other. So yep, hopefully we become Aston Wirra because the potential income streams over there are the biggest on planet earth. I also wonder if we would see an AVFC live channel emerge to feed the Chinese public, that could be very good for those of us who like a stream next season.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The Chinese do seem to be joined up in their strategy so couldn't see two Chinese groups competing with each other. So yep, hopefully we become Aston Wirra because the potential income streams over there are the biggest on planet earth. I also wonder if we would see an AVFC live channel emerge to feed the Chinese public, that could be very good for those of us who like a stream next season.

I can feel a preseason trip for Villa in China in the offing! Might put a few off the fans that travel during preseason and book holidays around it.

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Would i be right in thinking that we would be the 1st "largish" English club that would be under Chinese ownership?

Could be very significant.

I really think so too. The premier league is the most successful league on earth, and club ownership is like a league of nations, we would be the face of China and there is not a chance on earth that they will want to be embarassed or fail without a fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Have to say that I am completely out of my depth with business and what any potential takeover really means but surely when buying anything in life, you don't particularly want to loose money? Any investor wants a return, exposure etc and big loses not an option.  Am I being too simple here?  

Definitely don't buy a football club then!

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

The pace is quickening. There were more attempted overseas acquisitions by Chinese companies in the first four months of this year than in the whole of last year, which was itself a record, according to Derek Scissors, the resident scholar at Washington think tank the American Enterprise Institute, who tracks overseas investments made by China.

A piece i found in a telegraph article. also saw that they invested 30 billion into the uk end of last year. i think if it happens to be the chinese it wouldnt be a bad shout with all the serious investment in uk ,the last thing there goverment would want to see is a chinese company making a pigs ear of a big old football club club 

:crylaugh:

34 minutes ago, AValon said:

Sell sell sell. I've suffered Ellis AND Lerner, so I'm not all that fussy who we sell it to.

Change from this stagnation can only be for the best.

Should suffering through Ellis and Lerner not make us more discriminating about who we sell to this time around?