The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

50 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You would think that they will market us extensively back home so that we become "the" premier league club in China (as has been said above) I am very comfortable with that.

I wish we were "a" premier league club.

22 minutes ago, johnny from donny said:

Sounds like he's a cutting edge kind of bloke.

Sorry..

Just another paper exercise mate, going to be loads of cuts

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

It just feels to me like the journalist may have got solid but limited info and has built an article around that.

They go from investors to venture capitalists pretty quickly.

The bit about Leicester does not sound right.

And we have the standard 2 weeks default timing.

I suspect at best he may have been told that Chinese investors/consortium are close to being the new owners, and on that basis I will wait and see.

• Like 1

Chinese investors are buying up property in a number of English cities, and particularly London. China is where the big `new money' is coming from.

It would not be a surprise if they saw Aston Villa and it's associated properties as a good investment.

Guest av1

The most important thing is what this will mean for half time refreshments. It seems I'm the only one on here thinking about the important stuff so i googled 'chinese beer'

484226619_456.jpg

Now admittedly I've not tasted any of the those, i am however still supremely confident they all better than f##king carlsberg. 

The Tsingtao we get in Europe is a decent-to-good quality light lager IMO. I often order when it's available, and certainly it's much nicer than Carling or Carlsberg or Fosters. Interestingly, it's nicer than the Tsingtao you get in China, which has less of a tang to it. Nevertheless, Chinese Tsingtao is still better than every other Chinese beer, China being something of a wasteland for good beer (it's mostly served at room temperature and consumed in small glasses which go 'down-in-one'). 

Anyway, this China story was just in the Mirror wasn't it? Has it been verified by any reliable sources?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bring on our new Chinese overlords 

good-luck-cat-45.gif?w=490

Right on, I love ninjas, samurai and sushi. Bring on our new Chinese owners!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Right on, I love ninjas, samurai and sushi. Bring on our new Chinese owners!

I can't wait until they throw Yen at us and make us great again! ;)

• Like 1

Guest av1
11 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I love ninjas

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-michel

Whatever turns you on fella. 

I probably would after 10 pints.