The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, villan-scott said:

Translated it reads - 

'I'm sorry that after a promising start to our loving relationship, and many romantically nourishing moments, but I lost interest pretty quickly. I've been trying to finish or relationship for a while now, but finally have the bottle to do it. I tried. I hope you're happy with your new lover, and I hope he treats you better than I ever could. I love you and that time Ashley Young was on the webcam... I was the recipient. 

R Lerner'

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: 

Terrible (and badly written) statement.  What does it actually say?  (1) relegation lies at my feet – we all knew that.  (2) I have tried to sell since 2014 but that hasn't happened –we knew that.  (3) I will continue to try to put the club into worthy hands and do my best to position Villa for the quickest return to its rightful place among England's elite.  I suppose this last point gives up some sense that he is trying to find a suitable owner. The stuff about believing in Aston Villa and knowing it will come back stronger and more able is hogwash.

• Like 3

That statement to me reads like he wants to say more but contractually can't because of any deals taking place. It's a statement with no focus or anything to really say because the things he wants to say are likely under NDA like everyone else linked to a potential sale.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, it certainly isn't pr. It really does look like a drink fuelled ramble.

Only promising thing is that it seems he will try to put the club in good hands.

Why because he said so? Because he always been so honest and trustworthy in the way he's run the club

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, it certainly isn't PR. It really does look like a drink fuelled ramble.

Only promising thing is that it seems he will try to put the club in good hands.

Like when he thought hiring Mcleish was.

• Like 3

"A nagging sense of inevitability set in against Leicester" Even though it was 13th September, I pretty much gave in then!

"How many seasons after all can one hold on and hope to slide through?" With no leadership or investment we did well to hang on as long as we did

"That kind of desperate existence is totally unacceptable, unbearable" but this is what I do, deal with it

I have tried to sell since my May 2014" but I could not find anyone daft enough to pay me £200m

"I write to Villa supporters to make clear that this relegation lies at my feet" Just in case you weren't clear, it was me that screwed you all over

"Memories of Ashley Young scoring still romantically nourish me"  then I sold him, ahhh the future looked so bright then

"I know Villa will return better, stronger" when I finally go, but your not getting of rid of me that easily

"I will continue to try to put the club into worthy hands" if, and only if, they pay me top dollar

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

As with so much of what Randy has done since his time here, that statement is trying to do the right thing but missing the mark in the process.  So in that sense it is at least consistent.  I do still believe he is a 'good' person, with his heart in the right place, but that his judgement is always quite a way off.  My main reaction having read the statement was "Huh?"

100% Agree,  he or nobody else would do what he has done on purpose.  He is just out of his depth and probably thought English sport was similar to US sports,  it's not and he has found out the hard way.  I am however encouraged by the comments in that they can be viewed as a goodbye.  We don't get much out of him and as some have said,  we know all of what he said anyway,  he knows that we know so there was no need to say anything.

If it is a goodbye and if we get passed to someone good then it will be a happy summer for me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

and probably thought English sport was similar to US sports

Which he also made a balls of, FWIW.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why because he said so? Because he always been so honest and trustworthy in the way he's run the club

I think he has always tried to do his best for the club, it is just that he is bloody useless at decision making.

I only say it is promising in that he is saying he will at least do his best, and, flying in the face of previous experience, might possibly get it right

• Like 1

Wind back about...oh roughly a year...roughly when the last season ticket prices had been annoucned.

Talk of a sale impending and a once a year statement from our illustrious owner.

Crock of shite.