The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he has always tried to do his best for the club, it is just that he is bloody useless at decision making.

I only say it is promising in that he is saying he will at least do his best, and, flying in the face of previous experience, might possibly get it right

I don't

The way we cut costs. The hiring of Mcleish. The January windows with little or nothing spent while the club were desperate. 

I don't think that was trying to do his best for us. 

• Like 2

I don't think Lerner puts the hours into villa related stuff. A couple of managers have said he blocks some time at the end of each season for a villa sit down. - but then for months on end he just lets the situation drift.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't

The way we cut costs. The hiring of Mcleish. The January windows with little or nothing spent while the club were desperate. 

I don't think that was trying to do his best for us. 

I agree, when we talk about fan ownership...his resources in the hands of a true fan would never have put the brakes on so hard that it crippled us.

Furthermore, what he has done is completely neglect the club.  Pure negligence shows no real thought for the club.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

I agree, when we talk about fan ownership...his resources in the hands of a true fan would never have put the brakes on so hard that it crippled us.

Furthermore, what he has done is completely neglect the club.  Pure negligence shows no real thought for the club.

I don't see how anyone can argue differently. The guy has washed his hands of us for years and run the club into relegation. 

17 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

........our return to the van.  :puke:

Give us a break! There aren't that many more words left that rhyme.

"Van" meaning vanguard, i.e, leading group, for anyone who didn't get the reference. :P

• Like 2

Just reflecting on this glorious week.  We have an owner writing about how he is 'romantically nourished' and seemingly losing the plot, we still have no long-term manager, our Directors are leaving left right and centre, our club captain has been suspended, and now we have a player saying he doesn’t want to be substitute for us.   Why on earth would no one want to buy this club – comedy drama at its finest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just reflecting on this glorious week.  We have an owner writing about how he is 'romantically nourished' and seemingly losing the plot, we still have no long-term manager, our Directors are leaving left right and centre, our club captain has been suspended, and now we have a player saying he doesn’t want to be substitute for us.   Why on earth would no one want to buy this club – comedy drama at its finest.

Sounds like we're ready to come screaming back into the big time in no time!

213312510-35c3f629-a43e-4f0d-8be9-a59872252a59.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Birmigham Mail are really going to town with their Ellison low-downs - they either know something more solid than what the sun reported or they are going to look quite stupid sooner or later.

Well that's never been known to happen in the past, so I guess they must be on to something... :detect:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Birmigham Mail are really going to town with their Ellison low-downs - they either know something more solid than what the sun reported or they are going to look quite stupid sooner or later.

It's just click-bait mate. People look at it as they like the idea of someone so rich coming in. So the more content they make, the more visits, the more money they make from ad revenue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Because he's one of the richest men in the world and likes to throw his money into sport, he's the dream ticket, and throwing his name about is guaranteed to create interest and Paper sales

I've no idea if a takeover is close or not, and also no idea if Ellison is involved, (though i suspect not) but what i am absolutely sure about is that the Birmingham Mail don't know either. 

Edited by av1

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Totally agree with this. Incredible week.

Seems a shame to end it with a football match to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

And yet, incredibly everybody is feeling quite positive due to the belief that a takeover is on the horizon. The skeptic in me, thinking rationally, is starting to think it's a little bit too convenient. 

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

And yet, incredibly everybody is feeling quite positive due to the belief that a takeover is on the horizon. The skeptic in me, thinking rationally, is starting to think it's a little bit too convenient. 

Where villa is concerned, no positive feeling here...my skepticism meter is off the scale.  Dig up threads of similar vein approximately 12 months ago when tickets were being released and you'll find all the same shit I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

Where villa is concerned, no positive feeling here...my skepticism meter is off the scale.  Dig up threads of similar vein approximately 12 months ago when tickets were being released and you'll find all the same shit I'm sure.

Actually, 2 minutes work looking back to 2015.  These are from Feb-Apr 2015 :-

Takeover talk :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11472440/Aston-Villa-open-talks-over-takeover-deal.html

Season ticket info released :-

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4621276,00.html

Randy Lerner statement :-

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4482950,00.html