The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

And if we in some absurd manner were able to win all our remaining games (hah!) Eric Black wouldn't merely be caretaker manager for the rest of the season, but surely given a new contract as manager. At least until October/November, that is. And then being replaced. Oh joy.

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well folks it's a new day. Can't wait to read the newspapers all recycling each other's made up stories 

Well I am not normally one to say I told you so but...... 

This is Aston Villa. A super rich sports mad owner isn't going to happen, shit like that just doesn't happen to us. 

It won't be Ellison. 

this ellison stuff is pure rubbish. say randy wanted 150 million to start (premier league club), ellison (the 5th richest man in the world)didnt wanna pay that. but now randy wants 75 million (championship club) hes suddenly interested!? factor in the money he will have to pump in to get us back in premier and the money that were gonna miss out on by dropping down.  a man whos made that much money and as savy as i imagine he is would have purchased us for 150 million when were still in the premier!?

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

According to the Express...Ellison has been snubbed

Villa, put up for sale by American owner Randy Lerner, have been relegated to the Championship.

The Midlands club have just 16 points from 34 games and are facing huge discontent from fans and staff.

But according to Sky Sports, a group of Villa-supporting businessmen are in pole position to purchase the club from Lerner.

It is claimed the deal could rise to £100m, with the consortium based partly in the UK and partly in Europe.

Sky Sports add that eight separate groups have approached Villa about a sale, with the departures of board members Mervyn King and David Bernstein leaving the club in turmoil.

Reports earlier this week suggested Oracle CEO and founder Larry Ellison, worth a staggering £35billion, was in advanced talks with Villa.

But it now seems a deal with the businessmen who support Villa will go through.

Surely not even our "custodian" would snub Ellison? I know the whole thing is highly unlikely (his interest and a sale being pending) but how could Ellison not be chosen if he was really serious about a takeover? Could the group of Villa-supporting businessmen have simply offered a few million dollars more which swung it for our "custodian" as getting as much money back on his investment is his primary and only concern? Might Ellison have been quoted a price and not been prepared to increase it when these Villa-supporting businessmen offered a bit more?  

Edited by John

11 minutes ago, John said:

Surely not even our "custodian" would snub Ellison? I know the whole thing is highly unlikely (his interest and a sale being pending) but how could Ellison not be chosen if he was really serious about a takeover? Could the group of Villa-supporting businessmen have simply offered a few million dollars more which swung it for our "custodian" as getting as much money back on his investment is his primary and only concern? Might Ellison have been quoted a price and not been prepared to increase it when these Villa-supporting businessmen offered a bit more?  

Or maybe "sky sources" are Jim White's ham and cheese sandwiches he had for lunch? Just sayin' 

• Like 2

Example of the express backtracking and covering there backs perhaps? 

Until we are actually sold you really can't trust anything you read. Take everything with a few handfuls of salt

How confident are you a sale will be done before our first game in the championship?  Personally, I still think a takeover is more likely to happen than not given all the noises (King, Sky reports, OS, Lerner's weird note).  If I was to put a number on it I would say I am at 70% confidence right now, but we have no real idea of who it will or won't be. Like others, I am just going to try to ignore the press speculation and rehashing until we get something concrete.  I think we are so desperate to hear some positive news we cling on to anything that looks like a "brighter future" but the club, and the press, know that only too well

Edited by Gary Thomas

Ha! You don't know them very well if you think they will win

I don't expect them to win, or even believe that they would win.... but it is the type of ridiculous thing that we would normally end up doing.

Note the use of the word "they", not "we" I do not consist this bunch of underachieving non-entities part of our club. One day we will get our club back.