The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Calm down,  I meant there is no relegation or price for being shit over there.  There is a big price to pay over here.

I am Calm, besides how could I become agitated with someone from Amsterdam (one of my favorite places) who shares the same first name and seemingly the same first letter of their last name?

I just happen to think Lerner is a complete cockwomble, and I was making a point that he **** up whether it be here or the US.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duck said:

Last ever statement from Lerner?

Nah.

The last one will be something like "I'm in a perpetual state of fulfilment now that my custodianship of this club has handed on to the next person and as God once said to Mose on Mount Sinai - here you go. I am confident that the new owners Arsenal tattoos will fade over time. As for me, I've got the munchies. Anyone got any pringles?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil said:

I am Calm, besides how could I become agitated with someone from Amsterdam (one of my favorite places) who shares the same first name and seemingly the same first letter of their last name?

I just happen to think Lerner is a complete cockwomble, and I was making a point that he **** up whether it be here or the US.

No worries,  I think we are all a bit erm,  on edge at the moment.

I know I am,  the Villa is like a really sick relative at the moment,  we just want some good and hopefully truthful information to come out.  Just for a change.

The statement is pretty empty, but at least he takes responsibility.

He tried, he failed miserably.  It was his fault.  We move on (hopefully soon).

Also, I like the idea of having Villa fans running the club.  Even if they're typical rich kids, one would assume they'd want the club to do well for reasons other than pure financial gain.  That sits nicely with me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The statement is pretty empty, but at least he takes responsibility.

He tried, he failed miserably.  It was his fault.  We move on (hopefully soon).

Also, I like the idea of having Villa fans running the club.  Even if they're typical rich kids, one would assume they'd want the club to do well for reasons other than pure financial gain.  That sits nicely with me.

Sorry, Bobzy, not for me. I believe Lerner had good intentions, and he managed to relegate us.

Just now, briny_ear said:
20 minutes ago, bobzy said:
I like the idea of having Villa fans running the club.

Hmm. Seem to recall being told Randy was a fan when he first took over. For me the issue is whether the new owner has half a clue about running a football club.

Yes, obviously the most important part is getting a decent owner in!

I was (perhaps foolishly) assuming that this would be true - in which case, I'd like the group or whoever to be Villa fan(s) rather than solely business-orientated.

I don't care who takes us over as long as they are prepared to do what is needed to get us back to the Premier League and, once we're there, keep us there for years to come without hovering around the relegation zone.

I don't ask for much. :-)

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:
22 minutes ago, bobzy said:
I like the idea of having Villa fans running the club.

Hmm. Seem to recall being told Randy was a fan when he first took over. For me the issue is whether the new owner has half a clue about running a football club.

I seem to recall him talking some shit story about villa being one of the big clubs around when he was in england at college / uni?  He then also got the infamous tattoo that needs to be taken off his leg by amputation.  

But I wonder if he ever actually attended a game before owning it - and has any young affliction to the club to warrant being "a fan".

I dont think Lerner is mentally stable at the moment.  Emotional Statements like that which leave more questions than answers and the talk about crazy emails being sent that 2 executives resigned over.  I think he needs to sell now even for the sake of his own health

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I dont think Lerner is mentally stable at the moment.  Emotional Statements like that which leave more questions than answers and the talk about crazy emails being sent that 2 executives resigned over.  I think he needs to sell now even for the sake of his own health

If he has been allowed to put that out without it going through checks at the club first, then he has more authority than I ever imagined. And would explain exactly why we are in such a mess.

Alternatively, if this has been reviewed and approved by the press officer at Villa Park - he needs firing too!