The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well folks it's a new day. Can't wait to read the newspapers all recycling each other's made up stories 

How cynical of you, my good fellow.

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

No and no. Because I was told in confidence. Thanks though. 

I'm not sure why you're thanking me for asking a question. Asking questions of people who make claims is how we assess the merit of those claims.

You said "there were a number of parties". Are you ITK about all of them, some of them or just one of them? Seeing as none of them happened are you still bound by whatever the confidence was? I'd understand if it was a mate who could get in trouble, but I think you could quantify how many of the rumoured parties you know were real without risking anybody or anything.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

SSN are reporting a group of businessmen that are Villa fans have got a consortium together, some UK based and some based in mainland Europe are in pole position to buy us. Been granted due diligence and exclusivity to the clubs accounts. Price rising up to £100m apparently. Stated there could be an announcement in next 48 hours!

Posted 17 hours ago. Add a couple of hours for Sky to "source"the story. Should be announced before kick-off tomorrow then (2pm)  ;)

Likes of Ellison and Wang are worth billions.  Why did none of the two buy last summer when we were in the prem?  25 or so mill extra would have been nothing to them.  Iv a funny feeling the guys interested now are ones who can just about afford to buy but f all else.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Likes of Ellison and Wang are worth billions.  Why did none of the two buy last summer when we were in the prem?  25 or so mill extra would have been nothing to them.  Iv a funny feeling the guys interested now are ones who can just about afford to buy but f all else.

Hopefully because they could spot our free-fall from a mile away and saw the potential bargain.

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You don't get to be on the world's richest people list with that sort of attitude towards money, tbf. Unless you inherited it, if course. 

• Like 1