The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He is just out of his depth and probably thought English sport was similar to US sports,

What would that have to do with anything, he **** up over there too...

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

As with so much of what Randy has done since his time here, that statement is trying to do the right thing but missing the mark in the process.

Saying he is trying to do the right thing with this statement is like someone deliberately throwing a person under the bus then writing a letter saying. 'sorry fella, that was all my fault, I always liked you.' He implies the demise of our club was inevitable - it wasn't, he chose that path when he pulled back and put muppets in charge, and then when he saw the train wreck  coming he never even tried to help. He led us here, inevitably!  I have never doubted he quite liked Aston Villa, but he doesn't care for the club or the fans nearly as much as he likes to make out with pithy meaningless statements like this - if he did we wouldn't be in this God awful mess.

• Like 1

According to the Express...Ellison has been snubbed

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/663456/Aston-Villa-takeover-fans-supporters-consortium-transfer-news-gossip?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Villa, put up for sale by American owner Randy Lerner, have been relegated to the Championship.

The Midlands club have just 16 points from 34 games and are facing huge discontent from fans and staff.

But according to Sky Sports, a group of Villa-supporting businessmen are in pole position to purchase the club from Lerner.

It is claimed the deal could rise to £100m, with the consortium based partly in the UK and partly in Europe.

Sky Sports add that eight separate groups have approached Villa about a sale, with the departures of board members Mervyn King and David Bernstein leaving the club in turmoil.

Reports earlier this week suggested Oracle CEO and founder Larry Ellison, worth a staggering £35billion, was in advanced talks with Villa.

But it now seems a deal with the businessmen who support Villa will go through.

Sky Sports claim negotiations were continuing yesterday with lawyers in Birmingham and London at a key stage.

It is suggested a significant breakthrough could be made within 36 hours.

Villa have already announced they will cut 500 jobs at Villa Park ahead of a proposed takeover.

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Looks like some trainee hack at the Express was asked to do an article and looked at some other media outlets, copied what they were saying and tried to make it into a narrative. It doesn't exactly contain any news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Looks like some trainee hack at the Express was asked to do an article and looked at some other media outlets, copied what they were saying and tried to make it into a narrative. It doesn't exactly contain any news.

at least they had the foresight to change 48hrs to 36hrs LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Hollis - Randy, it's been a bad week. Relegation, 2 directors have quit, and Gabby's been acting like a fat prick again. I think you need to release a statement.

Randy - I don't want to. It's happy hour at Hooters and I've got a pocket full of weed; I was just on my way out.

Hollis - I think it's important. No major announcements, everyone thinks your an idiot anyway, just don't mention the takeover and for **** sake don't use words like Shummamite again.

Randy - Fine. I bang something out when I get back from Hooters. I can stick it straight on the website; I've got the password - that's how I got those emails between Bernstein and Merv.

Hollis - Randy, I think I need to check it first. Hello? Hello? Oh bollocks.....

Exactly how it happened.

Although I have to be careful as somebody might want proof.

I think it does look promising and probably will happen.

The hilarious thing is however, even if we do get taken over.... we are in the championship next season. I'm not sure that the reality has actually hit me that we've ACTUALLY been relegated yet. If we get a new owner in and everything starts to look a bit positive again, I think it will be then it's going to sink in that we're still playing Rotherham and Burton next season. 

Last ever statement from Lerner?

Timing would be perfect if the sale is imminent.

Hes accepted the responsibility, tried to sound remorseful and somewhere near a fan of the club.

He would want his last message to the fans to be what we remember him by. A passionate, caring and faithful fan of Aston villa football club. 

For me it's his attempt to do this and say goodbye.

Goodbye randy. You plonker

• Like 1