The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I definitely think it's on because of Kings comments. However who it is is another matter entirely 

The press are a utter joke. Totally clueless. They just pick up each others bu11shit and copy it.  It would be laughable if people weren't being paid to do it.  The are no different to a fan site really. 

Just look at today we have gone from:

Chinese billionaire to

Larry Ellison to

A British consortium linked to Larry Ellison to

A group of Villa fans to

8 interested partys

Basically they know nothing and are just printing sh!t. 

• Like 3

Knowing our luck, we will have the choice of 2 mega multi billionaires, Wanda, Ellison etc and Randy will choose the thrown together group of Brum business men worth 101 million combined, in his last act as "custodian" because it "felt right".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, limpid said:

Try and find something from 18-24 months ago with an official quote linking them by name to a bid for us. The papers were guessing and chucking names all over the place, usually from threads on here and other fan sites. All just click bait. Nothing was ever confirmed. The media just make up a load of crap and then say "it all fell through".

I don't know why people fall for it.

You won't get an "official quote" for where M&A activity is concerned unfortunately, because of NDA's and (the very real) threat of legal action.

Check the wording of the BM article earlier today, its pretty carefully worded, unlike the Sun one earlier today

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

You won't get an "official quote" for where M&A activity is concerned unfortunately, because of NDA's and (the very real) threat of legal action.

Check the wording of the BM article earlier today, its pretty carefully worded, unlike the Sun one earlier today

Yeah they stated that all those involved right from the get go sign an NDA and complete a form giving details of the bid and their finances, which goes to Squire Patten Boggs the big fancy pants law firm. No chance anyone actually involved in the process will be able to say anything about it publicly without getting massively screwed.

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I definitely think it's on because of Kings comments. However who it is is another matter entirely 

The press are a utter joke. Totally clueless. They just pick up each others bu11shit and copy it.  It would be laughable if people weren't being paid to do it.  The are no different to a fan site really. 

Just look at today we have gone from:

Chinese billionaire to

Larry Ellison to

A British consortium linked to Larry Ellison to

A group of Villa fans to

8 interested partys

Basically they know nothing and are just printing sh!t. 

It's a man of Chinese origin that works for Oracle and supports villa, him and seven mates all fellow villa fans (one's from Europe) have gone on a borrowing spree and scrapped together enough to buy us. #thabucksITK 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah they stated that all those involved right from the get go sign an NDA and complete a form giving details of the bid and their finances, which goes to Squire Patten Boggs the big fancy pants law firm. No chance anyone actually involved in the process will be able to say anything about it publicly without getting massively screwed.

Unless you're Kwan, or Mendi.

Brave souls. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Knowing our luck, we will have the choice of 2 mega multi billionaires, Wanda, Ellison etc and Randy will choose the thrown together group of Brum business men worth 101 million combined, in his last act as "custodian" because it "felt right".

Wouldn't put it past Randy to pick shitter owners than him so that we look back with on his tenure with misty-eyed revisionism (as some seem to have done with Doug).

American potential buyer? More information in 48 hours? The same day President Obama lands in the UK for two days?!

Coincidence?! You bet.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Are you just remembering when the same media outlets were citing the same unnamed sources the exact same rumours last year at renewal time? Can you, name one of those parties?

:popcorn:

No and no. Because I was told in confidence. Thanks though. 

25 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Really don't know what to think of a fans consortium running the club... Meh

As someone said earlier as long as they are savvy businessmen they should be able to do the job

The issue is how they manage the consortium.  Can't have too many cooks a la Ebbsfleet disaster. 

It seems most PL teams are now self sufficient and making profits (I have no stats for this I read in on here or another site) so it should be possible as long as they are not just nutters like Randy. 

I still think year 1 back in the PL is crucial. The gap will be so enormous a gamble will have to be taken and if we get it right brilliant but it will be a big gamble and it will have to be taken. It is so crucial that the right football people are in place to find the right players.

OK GENTLEMAN? 

Edited by sidcow

You'd think if one of the buyers was Ellison he'd probably be granted exclusivity seeing as he's been pictured at Villa games before, likely a Villa fan and as far as money is concerned he's likely never running out of it. Just seems like the ideal candidate to me not mention he's a fellow American so Lerner would likely feel more comfortable selling it to him.