The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

Million. £10.4 million I'm afraid

Which in itself proves it's not Chinese yuan. Recon have an aerospace program it's likely $100 billion..

38 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Tony is THE man in China.. If Wang Jianlin is THE man to know if you're into hotels and shopping malls. Tony Xia is THE man to know for everything else including space programs. 

Dr Tony Xia, where Xia is pronounced something like "Stark" ??

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Dr Tony Xia, where Xia is pronounced something like "Stark" ??

Yes. Iron Man is playing in goal for us next season, I cannot wait! 

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

I'm not excited about this... Yet.

It's the foreign owner thing and it's partly a China thing. My gut reaction tells me this is an opportunistic political maneuver. I hope I'm completely wrong.

Of course it's political. China's president is football mad and wants the country to win a world cup in 20 years. This guy has bought the 5th most successful club in history for rock bottom, if he can get us back in the top half and competing for Europe in a couple of years in the most famous league as the only Chinese owner, he's going to be a popular guy with the government. 

He said he wants to get us to top six in the PL, you can't do that with 10million, so wherever he's getting the money from surely he can't be naive enough to think you can go that without some cashdolla. 

Of course it's political. China's president is football mad and wants the country to win a world cup in 20 years. This guy has bought the 5th most successful club in history for rock bottom, if he can get us back in the top half and competing for Europe in a couple of years in the most famous league as the only Chinese owner, he's going to be a popular guy with the government. 

And when the next great leader prefers tiddlywinks, then what?

I'm not sold yet.

5 minutes ago, Godders said:

Million. £10.4 million I'm afraid

Sorry, typo. The article says 100b (yuan? it doesnt specify i dont think). But I think 100b yuan = £10.4b. I could be wrong.

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

According to YouTube, Xia pronounced like shower with the er

My only concern is how they put it into writing "SHA" :wacko:  Apart from that, they can pronounce it how they like:D

Just now, abdomlahor said:

Sorry, typo. The article says 100b (yuan? it doesnt specify i dont think). But I think 100b yuan = £10.4b. I could be wrong.

Ahh yes, you are right then, if Yuan, it would be £10.4b

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

And when the next great leader prefers tiddlywinks, then what?

I'm not sold yet.

I can see your caution. However this guy is a Villa fan, and is wealthy in his own right, he probably has $75 mil cash money but billions of assets/shares in Recon. If the government lose interest in football he could just continue running his favourite club. Or sell up to another wealthy investor.