The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Of course it's political. China's president is football mad and wants the country to win a world cup in 20 years. This guy has bought the 5th most successful club in history for rock bottom, if he can get us back in the top half and competing for Europe in a couple of years in the most famous league as the only Chinese owner, he's going to be a popular guy with the government. 

I hope it's as political as possible. The reason being, China will not f*** around. Anybody remember this from a few weeks back? : 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/06/china-football-revolution-world-cup

I hope they spend big dollar, and we have a ton of plastic fans and we win the Champions League. And I will be there to watch us lift it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

I can see your caution. However this guy is a Villa fan, and is wealthy in his own right, ....... he could just continue running his favourite club. Or sell up to another wealthy investor.

Did you arrive from 2006? Thought you were talking about Randy for a sec.

• Like 1

Randy Lerner said in his big goodbye about Xia developing Villa Park as a second revenue stream to fund additional spending in the squad. That doesn't sound like a benefactor to me.

Again, we'll see. I remain cautious.

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Randy Lerner said in his big goodbye about Xia developing Villa Park as a second revenue stream to fund additional spending in the squad. That doesn't sound like a benefactor to me.

Again, we'll see. I remain cautious.

Sounds like a FFP busting manouvre.

• Like 3

Wow Villa are rich.. How many clubs can say they are owned by a company with ambitions and the financial clout to get things into space.. 

Please please send Gabby and Lescott.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder if our players are as glued to the news as we are? Will Adama and Ayew be sat in front of sky sports news thinking wtf! Maybe I should stay.

More like Gabs dusting off the old treadmill