The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

It says a lot about how badly burned I feel by Lerner that while I should be jumping for joy I'm instead treating this with cautious optimism. At least Randy's gone.

Sky saying Di Matteo has been approached as manager.

It's funny how our new owner is also a Villa fan. I don't want the soft soap bullshit this time. Just say I am looking to buy a  hugely under achieving football club who with any half decent management I should be getting massive returns from within the next five years. That will do me.

• Like 3

It's funny isn't it but the OS has had a link to "our Chinese site" for some time now. Possibly 2 yrs?  Also the pic of him with Randy must be some time ago as he hasn't been over here for ages? Maybe this has been going on for some time. Only way is up now surely?.. Glad  I renewed my ST already .☺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If he's 40 then he would have been an impressionable young lad in '82. Possible.

Would he have been allowed to watch Western television in those days. I hope so because if he did he might just have been impressed upon enough to one day make that happen for himself. 

Super Tone wants us to be the biggest club in china and go top 6 in the prem. The only way to achieve these aims is to invest, invest, invest. With 10 plus players to leave this summer, it's gonna be the greatest window for transfer speculation in our history.

58 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Randy Lerner said in his big goodbye about Xia developing Villa Park as a second revenue stream to fund additional spending in the squad. That doesn't sound like a benefactor to me.

Again, we'll see. I remain cautious.

Financial Fair Play? Maybe they want to inject lots of money quickly and the easiest way to do so is by renaming the stadium? 

8 minutes ago, Hev said:

It's funny isn't it but the OS has had a link to "our Chinese site" for some time now. Possibly 2 yrs?  Also the pic of him with Randy must be some time ago as he hasn't been over here for ages? Maybe this has been going on for some time. Only way is up now surely?.. Glad  I renewed my ST already .☺

I was thinking the exact same thing about the chinese site earlier...