Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

Got to say, one of the only reasons I'll keep my season ticket is because I like where I sit and those around me but if that was taken away I'd seriously question whether I'd renew next year. Think they may lose some season ticket holders over this. 

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

An inevitable sign of the times. Bafflingly our average attendance this season has been 34,000 (http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2015-2016/1/). I expect it'll be around 28,000 next season when we are midtable in the championship. Also it's worth noting that away fan attedances will also be lower.

I actually think our away following will be excellent as usual.

A load of new grounds to visit for the first time in a generation - it's just about the only thing I've got to look forward to at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually think our away following will be excellent as usual.

A load of new grounds to visit for the first time in a generation - it's just about the only thing I've got to look forward to at the moment.

I don't want to speak for him, but I believe he means the away support at VP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't want to speak for him, but I believe he means the away support at VP.

Doh. Yes, he probably was.

You never know though, we're more accessible than Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland for the majority of the country. VP could be a big draw... and an easy place to pick up three points :(

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

why not give free tickets to every schoolkid in the West Midlands aged 12-16?

get the next generation interested in supporting Villa.

A friend said this to me the a while back when it was first touted that the Trinity might close. It would be a really good idea to give free tickets to school kids and "less privileged" kids to get them interested in the football club rather than closing down stands. I know they will take a hit financially on having staff working but it can't cost that much in terms of how much money a football club generates. 

They could do some really good things for fans now we've dropped a division, get all the fans back on side with cheap ticket prices, pack out the ground, create an atmosphere, give free tickets to kids .... but no, like everything in relation to the past 7 years of Randy Lerner, it's all about cost cutting and a big **** you to the fans.  

I will renew my season ticket, purely because I don't want to lose my seat... but if I was in an area that's being closed I'd seriously consider not renewing. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I understand closing an area of the ground, just don't know why they've chosen that.

Upper of the Doug Ellis makes more sense. Close the entire thing and allow away fans into one part of it if and when the allocation allows/demands it

• Like 1

If they want to maximise (or a better word is "concentrate" ) support next season at this rate they should close every stand apart from the North Stand Lower as that has sufficient capacity

No truth in  the rumour that Randy intends to come to a game and so wants the whole stand closed so fans cant shout at him within close range

They have offered season ticket holders in the areas affected a discount on moving this says to me that season ticket prices for the rest of us will remain the same or increase!!!

I am shocked they had a great opportunity to offer the long suffering fans a one season cheap deal to get behind the team and roar us back up.

Shutting areas of the ground says they don't care about the fans and that a takeover is nowhere near despite yesterday's comments.

Small time thinking as usual get used to prolonged championship relegation battles because we have no **** ambition whatsoever.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

like i put in the other thread i dont see why they closed the upper trinity rather than the upper DE, its a newer bettter stand and on tv

unless they have the idea that they can reopen the trinity for the likes of wolves, blues, leeds etc and charge £35 for it and make more money from it

back 7 seats of the lower north going too, id guess thats the end of the lower north being an unofficial standing area, that'll piss a lot of people off

Don't think 7 seats will be missed.

41 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

They already do give free tickets to schools

rather than a handful, they could give 10,000 tickets for every game to kids and still have spare capacity.

If i was a 12 year kid getting free tickets to games all season... i might just catch the bug and become a long-term season ticket holder in the long-term.

leeds do the same. i can honestly say if we are flying next season then there wont be any need to close it because we will be getting more in than we do now. if demand is there im sure they will open it but id rather them close the upper doug ellis. also a wise thing to do would be to let the teams with big followings have more than 3k, maybe let them have 5k. i think prices will come down next season but not by that much. if things dont go to plan next season then we will probably average between 25-28k so closing a part of a stand is not a bad idea.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I understand closing an area of the ground, just don't know why they've chosen that.

Upper of the Doug Ellis makes more sense. Close the entire thing and allow away fans into one part of it if and when the allocation allows/demands it

I feel sorry for the Trinity people that are being moved but I don't want the Upper Witton to close.   I and virtually everyone around me have been ST Holders there for a long long time now.    Maybe they are taking that into account (not me but the fact that maybe the ST holders in Upper Trinity haven't been there as long?).   It just makes my blood boil when people just keep saying do this with the Upper Witton, put the away fans there etc etc.  I honestly don't think they should be closing any stands except maybe the very Upper Trinity which is rarely much occupied anyway.  Maybe the TV cameras will just pan downwards.  Let's face it, you rarely see the Upper Stands anyway cos of course everyone that sits in any of the Upper stands apart from the Upper Holte is not important !