Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

6 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

They already do give free tickets to schools

But how many, to how many schools and how often?

I would make the upper Trinity £5 for children aged up to 16 and £15 for adults and give out free tickets to a wider range of schools more often.That would allow us to keep the staff we would be letting go due to closing that stand and make going to games more affordable for the fans of the future and for fans who may have less disposable income than the likes of our "custodian".

5 hours ago, Hev said:

I feel sorry for the Trinity people that are being moved but I don't want the Upper Witton to close.   I and virtually everyone around me have been ST Holders there for a long long time now.    Maybe they are taking that into account (not me but the fact that maybe the ST holders in Upper Trinity haven't been there as long?).   It just makes my blood boil when people just keep saying do this with the Upper Witton, put the away fans there etc etc.  

I'm with Hev on this. The upper Scottish Stand is level with the mid Trinity Road, is much more populated than is the top tier of the Trinity and has more season ticket holders. If we should be looking at saving money in any area it is the corporate areas in the Trinity that have more empty seats than occupied ones for all but the biggest games. But I say reduce prices, build a team and the fans will come.   

• Like 1

I'm with Hev on this. The upper Scottish Stand is level with the mid Trinity Road, is much more populated than is the top tier of the Trinity and has more season ticket holders. If we should be looking at saving money in any area it is the corporate areas in the Trinity that have more empty seats than occupied ones for all but the biggest games. But I say reduce prices, build a team and the fans will come.   

1000 tickets per game and to any primary school with a B postcode , used to use them a couple of years back , never had a problem getting them either , so i assume the uptake isnt great

41 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

1000 tickets per game and to any primary school with a B postcode , used to use them a couple of years back , never had a problem getting them either , so i assume the uptake isnt great

Thanks very much for that information. I wonder whether the lack of uptake is due to it not being widely known that these tickets were available to so many local schools? I also think we could now look at extending this to Year 7 - Year 11 children. 

My seat gone too. There are 5 of us that have sat in the same seats for 15 years. A great spot we had too. It is a perfect storm of kicks to the gut from the club at the moment. I told the others I don't want to renew now, although I think the news from the football board had done most of the work on that decision already. To think that just 3 days ago despite everything I was ready to renew without hesitation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Straggler said:

My seat gone too. There are 5 of us that have sat in the same seats for 15 years. A great spot we had too. It is a perfect storm of kicks to the gut from the club at the moment. I told the others I don't want to renew now, although I think the news from the football board had done most of the work on that decision already. To think that just 3 days ago despite everything I was ready to renew without hesitation.

Just out of interest, although it doesn't directly effect me (I'm lower Trinity), have you been promised your old seats back if and when Villa are promoted or they decide to reopen the area?

I do think that they should be reserved or it'll just be adding insult to injury when your seats are taken by others at a future date despite all your loyalty. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I completely understand your POV mate and why you're very p***ed off with things.

However being objective for a bit and trying to see it from another angle, there isn't a huge amount of you, it's not like the Holte End really so a relatively easy decision for the club to make I'm afraid.

I understand why it's being done but doesn't mean I have to like it. It was also a fairly easy decision for me to have to make.

£580 more towards my holiday fund this year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Straggler said:

Sorry to hear so many season ticket holders are being messed about by the club. You have to wonder if the decision will prove to be cost effective as not all season ticket holders will renew for football reasons and taking their seats off them is another reason for them to question their purchase. I think some sort of compensation would also be appropriate for those asked to move. On the bright side if there is one, I would guess there will be several seats elsewhere that are not taken up by their existing ST holders so when moving day comes around there may be some decent alternative blocks of seats for you all to look at. .  

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Just out of interest, although it doesn't directly effect me (I'm lower Trinity), have you been promised your old seats back if and when Villa are promoted or they decide to reopen the area?

I do think that they should be reserved or it'll just be adding insult to injury when your seats are taken by others at a future date despite all your loyalty. 

My understanding is that we can move back as and when we open it back up. Sadly there is so much that can happen between now and then. Unless a new owner comes in I see div 1 as the more likely destination than the Prem. As group we have decided to give it a few days to mull the decision over. It is so much more than just not getting the tickets.

Whilst I've had these seats for 15 years we have been going to Villa together for 30 years. It is the camaraderie with our friends and the tradition of the event that is so hard to give up. Genuinely torn on what to do.

14 hours ago, John said:

Thanks very much for that information. I wonder whether the lack of uptake is due to it not being widely known that these tickets were available to so many local schools? I also think we could now look at extending this to Year 7 - Year 11 children. 

That might be an idea. With the current kids for schools there is the condition that they have to go with a parent/adult so for every kids voucher used there's a paying adult at the reduced price of £15/20 depending on the category of game. I think the restrictive part on the uptake of those tickets is the paying adult. I guess year 7 upwards might be able to go to game alone/with mates?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Season ticket details on the official site now.  Seems prices have been frozen not impressed!!!!

There's a thread for it.

They haven't been frozen, they've been reduced.

Just now, AndyBM said:

tarping the area is a brilliant idea, thabucks, but doubt anyone at the club are clever enough to pull anything like this off.

Maybe someone should mention it to The General.

:trollface:

• 3 months later...

I have read elsewhere that the crowd tonight should be nearly as big or even bigger than Saturday.  How many games do we have to win before we start selling out the reduced capacity.  I reckon if we win tonight then win the next 2 away games the Forest Game will sell out quickly and they will have to start thinking about opening up the whole Trinity. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have read elsewhere that the crowd tonight should be nearly as big or even bigger than Saturday.  How many games do we have to win before we start selling out the reduced capacity.  I reckon if we win tonight then win the next 2 away games the Forest Game will sell out quickly and they will have to start thinking about opening up the whole Trinity. 

I agree with you, if we are performing well we will sell out games this season. the game against Newcastle will be a sell out I am sure. 

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What about the car parks that have not opened up as well - as I said in the Rotheram Match thread - there are three that I walk past that are all closed and yet the attendances are same as for last season (so far)

On 23 April 2016 at 11:04, thabucks said:

I hope they tarp the seating off rather than just empty seats on display. Could sell sponsorship rights to it or have some form of mosaic or montage. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've tweeted Dr Tony this idea. Let's see if he goes for it!

• Like 1

35k there tonight which is remarkable as we'd have struggled to get that in the Prem for a Tuesday night game. Good atmosphere as well. I think to keep that level of support up though throughout the season we will need to be in striking distance of the promotion places.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3