Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

rather than a handful, they could give 10,000 tickets for every game to kids and still have spare capacity.

If i was a 12 year kid getting free tickets to games all season... i might just catch the bug and become a long-term season ticket holder in the long-term.

10,000 snotty kids jumping around for 90 minutes.
I would have to punch some of them.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not sure I'd go into a fight 1 against 10.000, don't like them odds even if they just kids ;)

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

like i put in the other thread i dont see why they closed the upper trinity rather than the upper DE, its a newer bettter stand and on tv

unless they have the idea that they can reopen the trinity for the likes of wolves, blues, leeds etc and charge £35 for it and make more money from it

back 7 seats of the lower north going too, id guess thats the end of the lower north being an unofficial standing area, that'll piss a lot of people off

Whereabouts exactly? The interesting thing about the Lower North is that for some reason it's only really the half closest to Witton Lane which stands - those closest to Trinity Road tend to sit.

Dunno, I'm assuming the whole thing, they'll mass pour concrete in there to give the disabled fans somewhere to park their wheels, I don't know what the length or pitch of it will be I'd guess about 3-4m wide by say 1-1.5m high for the entire length of the lower North, if they're sat down 1m higher than the new back row I don't think the stewards will let people stand anywhere in the lower North anymore

If it's high enough then it won't matter

Leeds the bastion of success do it shall we should do it? How much money is this going to save in the grand scheme of things? A move not worth the negativity for the pennies we'll save.

That's a big stand too. What will the capacity be now?

38 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

What will the capacity be now?

5186 fewer. That's the amount of seats up there, so 37,407 by my sums. Not allowing for other changes to seating. so 37K probably.

• Like 1

It's usually the last to fill up though isn't it? It tends to be the biggest areas of empty seats. Mainly because it is top price, as well as being pretty high.

Although it has a massive impact on those with season tickets, which is enough to make sure all options are considered but I think it makes sense.

it makes sense. clearly the club wont fill the stadium not even once never season, as already mentioned saving on staffing and policing, plus, its the only stand with 3 cantilevers so makes sense to close off the highest.

although i also agree with lowering ticket prices as a must, i dont agree with offering them dead cheap to the local snotty, potty mouthed, trackie wearing chavs either, that would actually ruin the atmosphere of villa park even more.

Put this in a different thread but should be here really :

On the stand closure I am sure it will not be permanently closed all season and they will open it when demand allows such as derbies or if we are flying top of the table. But if they have only 50 or so season ticket holders up there they will have to incur all the costs of keeping it open,  turnstile operators,  stewards,  cleaners etc. 

4 hours ago, Hev said:

I feel sorry for the Trinity people that are being moved but I don't want the Upper Witton to close.   I and virtually everyone around me have been ST Holders there for a long long time now.    Maybe they are taking that into account (not me but the fact that maybe the ST holders in Upper Trinity haven't been there as long?).   It just makes my blood boil when people just keep saying do this with the Upper Witton, put the away fans there etc etc.  I honestly don't think they should be closing any stands except maybe the very Upper Trinity which is rarely much occupied anyway.  Maybe the TV cameras will just pan downwards.  Let's face it, you rarely see the Upper Stands anyway cos of course everyone that sits in any of the Upper stands apart from the Upper Holte is not important !

I am sure there are tons more season ticket holders in the upper witton and also I am sure there are very very few in the upper trinity,  it's usually been mostly empty this season anyway. I am sure the numbers needing to be displaced are very few

Also upper witton is still pretty close to the action generating atmosphere.  Absence of people in upper trinity will barely change anything atmosphere wise I think. It's miles away up there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

From rebuilding the North Stand to closing part of the upper Trinity in 10 years.

Well done Randy Lerner - Custodian of Aston Villa

Edit: The part in bold might actually be worth putting on a banner?

A bit wordy perhaps...

What about a bit of short hand....like

**** off Lerner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

5186 fewer. That's the amount of seats up there, so 37,407 by my sums. Not allowing for other changes to seating. so 37K probably.

On those numbers we could have closed it for nineteen of our twenty one home games this season and no one would have missed out.

I don't like this decision, I like the idea of us selling 42,000 tickets every week, but we're not - it makes sense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They should do that in the premier league....the problem here is this is where losing the massive TV deal really hurts as surprise surprise ticket money is now much more important.

So do they risk a load of cut price tickets....and people still don't turn up to Rotherham at home on a Tuesday night? Or go largely this seasons prices and get extra revenue from the people that will turn up....

On the Trinity... I sit in the Upper Trinity a lot as the club always puts cheapish tickets out on the Viagogo/SeatWave sites.

Let's be honest though it's a third full for many premier league games and aside from local derbies (Would imagine it will re-open for those games as demand will be much higher and it will be easy for our neighbours to mock) very few will be up there although I sympathize with the season ticket holders.

I think the problem is with the structure of the stand, it's three tiers and the top one is isolated whereas other clubs will just have two tiers so people can spread out around that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Leeds shut their upper tier for a fair few games a while ago.

I can see reasons for the club doing this although it just adds to the negativity. If by some miracle we'll well in with a promotion chance I'm sure it will be re opened if the demand is there.

I sat in the Lower North for the first time in about 10 years v Everton and forgot what a piss take it was to get out. Again taking seats out seems a bit drastic but might actually improve that part of the ground with extra space to leave as it is a real bottleneck....and I left on 74 minutes!

I am a season ticket holder in the Trinity Upper. I am not happy. I will not be renewing. I was borderline about renewing anyway because of the increase in mid-week games in the Championship. But this decision has made up my mind for me. I have no desire to move anywhere else as I like where I am. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I am a season ticket holder in the Trinity Upper. I am not happy. I will not be renewing. I was borderline about renewing anyway because of the increase in mid-week games in the Championship. But this decision has made up my mind for me. I have no desire to move anywhere else as I like where I am. 

I completely understand your POV mate and why you're very p***ed off with things.

However being objective for a bit and trying to see it from another angle, there isn't a huge amount of you, it's not like the Holte End really so a relatively easy decision for the club to make I'm afraid.