Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

Tinpot.

Aston Villa have risked the wrath of fans with plans to close the upper tier of the Trinity Road Stand next season following relegation to the Championship.

The club today informed existing season-ticket holders about the planned changes which they hope will come into effect next season

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-could-move-you-11207631

like i put in the other thread i dont see why they closed the upper trinity rather than the upper DE, its a newer bettter stand and on tv

unless they have the idea that they can reopen the trinity for the likes of wolves, blues, leeds etc and charge £35 for it and make more money from it

back 7 seats of the lower north going too, id guess thats the end of the lower north being an unofficial standing area, that'll piss a lot of people off

Nothing wrong with doing it, keeps staff costs down, keeps policing costs down. Leeds keep one of their tiers shut too, let's face it we have one of the worst attendance to capacity ratio's in the premier league. It's not going to get any better next year either

I understand that they don't want to take the risk, but at the same time we may see renewed interest in the club. There are so many teams that Villa as a club haven't faced in decades sitting in this league, there are matches that many fans may not even be old enough to remember because the last time a lot of these clubs were in the same league as us was 20-30 years ago. Yes it sucks that we're in the Championship and that may take the shine off of match day for some, but for others it may actually entice them to actually go to Villa Park for the first time in a while. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Nothing wrong with doing it, keeps staff costs down, keeps policing costs down. Leeds keep one of their tiers shut too, let's face it we have one of the worst attendance to capacity ratio's in the premier league. It's not going to get any better next year either

It's a negative move. 

Why not use this opportunity to inject some positivity into the club. More games, more chance of winning (in theory), do some deals for fans, gets bums in seats. 

All this does is add another negative against the club.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's a negative move. 

Why not use this opportunity to inject some positivity into the club. More games, more chance of winning (in theory), do some deals for fans, gets bums in seats. 

All this does is add another negative against the club.

The stadium will be about 60% full, no point in staffing the whole stadium, personally I'd shut the upper North too.

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

The stadium will be about 60% full, no point in staffing the whole stadium, personally I'd shut the upper North too.

You didn't acknowledge a thing I said. Not sure why you quoted me again if you're not going to address anything I actually posted.

Edited by StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I actually understand why they're doing this in prinicple, there is some sense in it. 

But I don't get why the Trinity and not the Witton.

It saves more money I assume

4 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I actually understand why they're doing this in prinicple, there is some sense in it. 

But I don't get why the Trinity and not the Witton.

I can understand it, but it's just more negativity from the club in a time where the fans are desperate for some, any positivity.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You didn't acknowledge a thing I said.

Figures.

The club can still offer incentives for fans whilst having the upper tier closed, we wont get anywhere near filling the stadium even with a reduced capacity

An inevitable sign of the times. Bafflingly our average attendance this season has been 34,000 (http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2015-2016/1/). I expect it'll be around 28,000 next season when we are midtable in the championship. Also it's worth noting that away fan attedances will also be lower.

Edited by villa89

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I have no words.

Is there anybody at Villa with an ounce of business sense at all?

Of course there is. Easier to reduce costs and save money than it is to make money.

Il go for decent football. Wouldn't go for free atm and there Is no guarantee the football will improve anytime soon.

If I were them I'd trial selling all tickets for £10-£15 and pack out the stadium. If it fails then it fails, but certainly would be worth a go imo.  38,000 fans all paying £15 each is better than 20,000 fans paying £30 imo. 

I'm sure it's not all as simple as that, but is a nice idea.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4