Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

Great turnout, but I seem to be the only person on the forum who was unimpressed by the atmosphere. Maybe it's where I was sitting - near the corner flag in the Upper Doug - but it seemed very quiet to me, there was a period of about 10-15 minutes in the first half without a single chant that I could hear. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Great turnout, but I seem to be the only person on the forum who was unimpressed by the atmosphere. Maybe it's where I was sitting - near the corner flag in the Upper Doug - but it seemed very quiet to me, there was a period of about 10-15 minutes in the first half without a single chant that I could hear. 

Amazed by that.

I was in the Lower Witton...also by the corner flag and you really do get the full force of the Holte when it's on form as it was tonight.

I am in the Lower Holte and thought it was fantastic. The atmosphere is the best it has been since the O'Neill era, bar a month under Sherwood.

There are normally quiet periods and it's normally just after half time, it's the same at most grounds.

Last season was utterly dreadful of course and despite all the changes I expected more of a hangover, more anticipation, but everyone seems pumped. I certainly am. 

• Like 2

If we can get 35k against Huddesfield Town midweek they will have to open up the stand when we play the likes of blose, Wolves Forest etc. Can see these games at close capacity. lets not forget a lot of people on their holidays as well

• Like 1

I saw more kids last night that I have done in a long while which is great, saw one kid begging his dad to hurry up to get there which made me smile. So great to get the kids in as they're the future of the club, and a season like last season just makes kids want to support man city or Arsenal... Or even Leicester, ugh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If we can get 35k against Huddesfield Town midweek they will have to open up the stand when we play the likes of blose, Wolves Forest etc. Can see these games at close capacity. lets not forget a lot of people on their holidays as well

Ticket prices will be dearer for those games...last night was only 25 quid all around the ground and 15 quid for concessions so that will balance things out.

As daft as it is this relegation may actually do us some good in the long run. We have been crap for years and i must admit that i just couldn't be bothered to go more often than not. A winning season with some exciting games & something to play for is the best way to get fans back through the door regardless of the division. It will also do the players the world of good as the likes of westwood,grealish, baker and the youngsters coming through have known nothing but defeat and relegation battles for years now so a bit of confidence should help them a great deal

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

As daft as it is this relegation may actually do us some good in the long run. We have been crap for years and i must admit that i just couldn't be bothered to go more often than not. A winning season with some exciting games & something to play for is the best way to get fans back through the door regardless of the division. 

Agreed. 

Last season was the first time in many years that i did not go to a single game all season.

I'll be back for a few games this season.

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I saw more kids last night that I have done in a long while which is great, saw one kid begging his dad to hurry up to get there which made me smile. So great to get the kids in as they're the future of the club, and a season like last season just makes kids want to support man city or Arsenal... Or even Leicester, ugh. 

Surely sky sports subscriptions are the future of the club? 

Atmosphere was great. Will be even better when we really click. We've been near to it but something not quite fallen into place yet. Can't wait to hear the Roar when we really get going and are tearing some team a new one. 

I think the quiet patches mentioned were because of the still background anxiety,  we still expect it all to go wrong somewhere so people tense up and watch the game with concern. 

I do think it has helped closing the upper Trinity,  it will have reduced costs and we still havent actually sold out what remains yet but I am sure we will. 

The crowds and atmosphere are surprising considering the 5 years of worse that diabolical gutless displays and relegation.  I think people can already see the future is bright now. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ticket prices will be dearer for those games...last night was only 25 quid all around the ground and 15 quid for concessions so that will balance things out.

Actually I paid £23 in K2 not bad at all! I was moaning that season tickets were not reduced significantly but that was before The Doc arrived.   There is a great vibe around the place now so although I advocate twentysplenty I don't begrudge £23 for the investment he has put in.

same seat will go up to £25 and £28 for other games though which i think they should scrap.

Also why not do 3 match deals makes sense as we have so many!

Even pro rata season tickets why wait till Christmas to sell half ones when you could get people parting with cash when they are in a good mood!