Villa to close upper tier of Trinity 2016/7

StefanAVFC

20 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Actually I paid £23 in K2 not bad at all! I was moaning that season tickets were not reduced significantly but that was before The Doc arrived.   There is a great vibe around the place now so although I advocate twentysplenty I don't begrudge £23 for the investment he has put in.

same seat will go up to £25 and £28 for other games though which i think they should scrap.

Also why not do 3 match deals makes sense as we have so many!

Even pro rata season tickets why wait till Christmas to sell half ones when you could get people parting with cash when they are in a good mood!

Yes I agree they should do some 3 match deals and by November start to flog the half season tickets. Or even pay say 120-140 for any 6 games during the season.

52 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pro rata season tickets are a fantastic idea. Bravo. You should tweet Tony!

If I was only on Twitter!! Be my guest if you are on it and invite him to VT he might enjoy the adulation from a Villa only crowd rather than some of the stuff he puts up with on Twitter!   Don't forget to mention me :P

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I though they called the whole stand? It only seats 3k?

Only the upper tier is closed. As it seats around 3,500 and the previous capacity is 42,600, the new capacity is just over 39,000.

has the rest of the stadium been filling up? if not then theres obviously no point.

saying that though, now is time to sort out the hideous north stand and get our capacity to 51,000/

and rename the witton lane stand, ellis has gone!

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Only the upper tier is closed. As it seats around 3,500 and the previous capacity is 42,600, the new capacity is just over 39,000.

5186 seats in the top tier. So 37,407 would be the new theoretical capacity, not allowing for segregation, seats that aren't sold with restricted views etc. so maybe as OBE says a tad under 37K total are available for sale.

villapark_seating.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

has the rest of the stadium been filling up? if not then theres obviously no point.

saying that though, now is time to sort out the hideous north stand and get our capacity to 51,000/

and rename the witton lane stand, ellis has gone!

The Dr X Stand perhaps?

I googled the upper Trinity capacity and subtracted what I found from 42600. From the sheer size of it, I should have realised it was just above 5000 and not 3500. Stupid me for trusting a Birmingham Evening Mail article!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks. 

Should be able to get tickets on the day then for all games. 

With the corrected capacity of 37,000 and a new faith that our team could do well this season, a few home wins could lead to a match day shut out against the bigger Championship teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

With the corrected capacity of 37,000 and a new faith that our team could do well this season, a few home wins could lead to a match day shut out against the bigger Championship teams.

We've already had 33k+ and 35k+ a win on Saturday and the pre deadline signings, plus two further weeks to sell tickets and I think we'll need to reopen the upper....

• Like 1

I wanted to buy tickets for the Forest game for Me my Dad and my 7 year old daughter. But I assume it won't let me, as I am the only one with a recent online booking history. I can view seats available and select them, but can't proceed any further as it requires me to assign the tickets to a member.

I guess we will have to try a different game later in the season, although at a quick glance the next possible one could be months away as midweek game is out of the question for my daughter. The other weekend games look like they will have similar issues as they are Wolves and Newcastle which I guess will sell out. Maybe Fulham?