Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Actually, with that letter, Mervyn King has just become a very improbable Villa legend

Never in a million years will i consider this man a legend. I'd go into a rant but t would get another warning. Short memories and although the circumstances are concerning, good riddance to bad news.

Maybe we should flood letters to buckingham palace to prince William get him to grt involved and apply pressure on that moron Lerner?  He might ignore us but he cabt ignore the future king of our country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe we should flood letters to buckingham palace to prince William get him to grt involved and apply pressure on that moron Lerner?  He might ignore us but he cabt ignore the future king of our country.

...lol.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Wonder what news today will bring?

Probably bugger all.  It would be nice if King and Bernstein were willing to leak their resignation letters then they could come out and tell us fans what exactly the **** is going on.  I doubt it will happen though.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Probably bugger all.  It would be nice if King and Bernstein were willing to leak their resignation letters then they could come out and tell us fans what exactly the **** is going on.  I doubt it will happen though.

Google "mervyn king resignation letter"

Here is the link

Edited by ozvillafan
added link

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Yep I know, I've read the letters, I've just phrased it badly.  I mean having gone so far to stick the knife in with their letters, I hope they can at least go into proper detail for us regarding why.

Ah. Sorry - misread your intent.

If not them, then perhaps if Little also resigned? If nothing else, a bit more pressure to apply to Lerner.

Just looked at Bernstein’s interview on AVTV where he was saying, “What is crucial at any club is everyone is together, there’s a great feeling of working together and we all live and die together, and that’s absolutely crucial.  IF you have got those qualities with the scale of this club we should be able to do the business."  Shame.

So basically King and Bernstein wanted to implement change and it was going to cost money. In walks General Charles Fuckface in his Stetson and Cowboy boots, plonks his feet on the table, leans back in his chair and says "Ya'll don't be thinking about spending none of that dollar now ya hear".

• Like 2

What is so depressing is what we're left with. Their resignations have literally sucked all the optimism out of me. The situation is hopeless.  The only light I can see is a new rich owner is attracted by the lower price, but that seems unlikely given our very public problems.  If we go into next season with Lerner in charge we will struggle to stay in the championship, never mind get promoted.  I am definitely not buying season tickets until Lerner is gone.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Radical solutions.

There's hints in the papers that Lerner wanted a say in player valuation - I'm guessing that Bernstein and King felt it was worth paying players up to get them out, had a manager in mind, had a potential budget in place, had issues with Reilly and essentially a number of things they felt that could turn the club around.

If they've hit a Lerner brick wall in the shape of Hollis then you can see why they've gone - they've been asked to do a root and branch review, come back with a way forward and discovered it wasn't going to be up to them anyway.

I think the issue was Riley.

The hints in King's letter pointed to that.

• Like 1