Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

King's letter turns the process of sliding the knife between the ribs into a fine art.

He actually makes clear that the club needs to be rid of Lerner because he's the roadblock to reform. It's blockbuster stuff said in King's usual reserved and measured way.

He learned that from having to watch his words at the Bank of England, I expect.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

There was talk of the terrorists having pics of a stadium in Birmingham, perhaps it's linked to that.  It's more likely to be a scandal of some sort though.

you mean like our season.....what bigger scandal is there than that.

Sky bloke said it was because they had a candidate in place and the club wouldn't appoint them ... Reading between the lines it seems that candidate has now gone ... Looking around Celtic are parting company with Delia so IF Moyes is taking that job , was he the manager King and Bernstein had lined up ?

Wrt bevington, little and anyone else if you are going to try and highlight an issue is it better to all resign at once or do you drip feed it over the course of a few days to really highlight the issue and put pressure on?

32 minutes ago, Heretic said:

He learned that from having to watch his words at the Bank of England, I expect.

Doubt whether he ever sent a letter like that to Alistair Darling or George Osborne! :)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Actually, with that letter, Mervyn King has just become a very improbable Villa legend

Agree. I appreciate the fact that he leaked it. He leaves no wiggle room for our owner. It is clear Lerner promises one thing then quickly changes his mind when the bill is presented. Garde & the other managers have hinted at it, but now it is public knowledge. The only positive is I hope any incoming manager will now not take anyone word for it when it comes to budgets. Get it in writing. Our ownership cannot be trusted. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

The only positive is I hope any incoming manager will now not take anyone word for it when it comes to budgets. Get it in writing. Our ownership cannot be trusted. 

Conversely, no manager worth his salt will now be willing to work under Lerner. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Conversely, no manager worth his salt will now be willing to work under Lerner. 

the one thing Lerner does is pay managers good salaries, so typically we will be left with a shit manager on a big contract :huh:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YLN said:

That was my first reaction too.

They should be the front page story, not Gabby

'Woman in Big Eyebrows Scandal'?

Mmm, not sure it'd work anywhere else, but it's more newsworthy than 90% of stuff in the Sun so let's run it! I'll assign three co-writers to help you, you can splash on it a fortnight next Tuesday. 

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

"On laughing gas"

Seriously, has anyone else here done it? I tried it in a bar once when I was 18, it's literally just like when you put your head between your legs for 30 seconds then stand up really quickly. Lasts maybe 15 seconds. What sort of **** idiot enjoys that? 

To be honest I couldn't care less about anyone doing it, the most pointless "drug" in the world. I can't imagine it has any more negative side effects than breathing helium out of a balloon.

Boozing though, again, on the day of our relegation, after all the other bullshit...

Cancel the words removed contract.

It basically is breathing helium out of a balloon. It has no side effects. I actually quite enjoy it at a party, as a little bit of fun, but it's no drug that's for sure. The name 'hippy crack' is the most stupid phrase in existence, literally only used by tabloid journalists. 

6 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

You couldnt write the script at villa at the moment..and i bet my house gabby did not score with those two ladies...surprise surprise.

I'll take your house on that one. This is Gabby we're talking about, both those women are pregnant with triplets. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

the one thing Lerner does is pay managers good salaries, so typically we will be left with a shit manager on a big contract :huh:

Would help if we employed someone with a connection to the club, not just interested in the pay check