Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

I think the issue was Riley.

The hints in King's letter pointed to that.

Agree. It feels like the issue is about who has the authority to advise the owner and chairman and have the definitive say on footballing matters in the club - football board or someone else in the club?

Feels like it emerged it is someone else.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep - thats what I think. They know no decent manager will come, and allow someone else to buy the players. 

I wonder if Riley has told Randy he can sell the French flops at a profit - so it that sense its working ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yep - thats what I think. They know no decent manager will come, and allow someone else to buy the players. 

I wonder if Riley has told Randy he can sell the French flops at a profit - so it that sense its working ?

We overpaid for most of them to start with. No way is there profit coming for these guys.

Never in a million years will i consider this man a legend. I'd go into a rant but t would get another warning. Short memories and although the circumstances are concerning, good riddance to bad news.

I confess I have no idea what you're on about in this post. Care to explain a little more fully and clearly?

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

We overpaid for most of them to start with. No way is there profit coming for these guys.

dunno - theres going to be a lot of dosh sloshing around this summer  which may inflate prices 

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:
  13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Agree. It feels like the issue is about who has the authority to advise the owner and chairman and have the definitive say on footballing matters in the club - football board or someone else in the club?

Feels like it emerged it is someone else.

You could be right. Riley is the only one that remains from those with a big influence over the last year.

What Kings letter definitely makes crystal clear is that the club can’t move forward under Lerner and that new ownership is desperately required to give us any hope. He also clearly states that his resignation is following communication with the owner and the football board so clearly it all stems from something Lerner directly put the stop on and not Hollis.

I just wish King and Bernstein had gone the whole hog and put specifically what the issues were that have made them walk. Hopefully this will come out shortly.

It is also strange that resignation letters go straight into the public domain and I wonder if it is King/Bernstein that have leaked them or maybe it is Hollis or a combination of all of them to apply pressure on the owner.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

dunno - theres going to be a lot of dosh sloshing around this summer  which may inflate prices 

I can't see anyone forking out money on our flops considering how poorly they've played this season. None of them have shown any reason why they deserve another shot in the Premier League IMO.

I think Reilly needs to go. No reason why he should survive when everyone else associated with this terrible season has gone.

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Again - our best players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

"...review of the football side of the Club including all aspects of operations at Bodymoor Heath." (apologies, this quote is from Bernstein's letter, I'd remembered incorrectly)

"...New leadership is desperately needed to change the culture and the capability of the Club at all levels."

"...When you, David Bernstein and I were asked join the board, we were able to make a start." (I took this to refer to the sacking of Fox and Almstadt)

"...But progress has stalled." (Riley is still here)

"...It is clear that a sale of the Club to a new owner must be brought about as soon as possible," (Randy insisting Riley stays)

I don't know any of this. I'm just putting a theory out there. I think it's very possible that Bernstein and King wanted Riley gone as part of the cull, yet he's still here. If that's because Randy insisted he stayed then I can see why they would feel they had to resign.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I can't see anyone forking out money on our flops considering how poorly they've played this season. None of them have shown any reason why they deserve another shot in the Premier League IMO.

I think Reilly needs to go. No reason why he should survive when everyone else associated with this terrible season has gone.

I think if it is Reilly/Riley/Wireley then it's more down to his friendship with Lerner than anything else to why he's still here. Lerner placed Krulak on the board as he clearly wanted allies running the club even if he couldn't give a crap about us anymore. Perhaps our fab head of scouting is one of those allies.

Edited by Pilchard

1 minute ago, villan_007 said:

How can Reily, push Bernstein and King out the door? Especially when they had already got rid off Fox and Alsmtadt?

One of the worst conspiracies for me.

Who said that he pushed them out of the door?

• Like 1

Just now, villan_007 said:

How can Reily, push Bernstein and King out the door? Especially when they had already got rid off Fox and Alsmtadt?

One of the worst conspiracies for me.

Did you read what I wrote?

I didn't say he pushed them out the door.

I said Lerner not agreeing to sack Riley pushed them out the door because it meant the owner was undermining them.

Bernstein said the actions they wanted to take were not open to compromise. Sacking Almstadt, Fox but not Riley could be an example of a "compromise".

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Riley's position is not important enough to cause the resignations.

Why not?

If they've decided they need to revamp the scouting network and they want to bring somebody else in to do it, but Lerner has said they can't do that and Riley stays, can you not see how that might lead to them being unhappy?