Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

From the OS:

“The chairman, Steve Hollis, is currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the club.

"Extensive negotiations" sounds like there's a potential buyer lined up...Please God be true

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Based on the noises we've heard over the course of the day I'd guess at Lerner has passed up at a chance to appoint Moyes.

moyes has passed us up due to no cash

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

You know what? That's exactly what was going through my head. What on earth will happen next? 

Perhaps wel win a game. Then I promise you, nobody will have a **** clue what to do.

• Like 1

It can and will get worse, I've got no doubt about that at all. Who in their right mind, manager or player will want to touch Villa with a barge pole. I fear we'll end up with a budget made up of whatever we can sell and Eric Black in charge in our first game. 

Its a sad day, that follows many other sad days and precedes many mor sad days. 

RIP Villa 

I'm not so sure that the board were keen on Moyes. I can't remember the exact wording but it appeared as if they were looking for somebody with recent and extensive Championship experience which Moyes doesn't have. There was also that story recently about Pearson being lined up along with Chris Powell. Perhaps we were going to go for them and but Lerner pulled the plug when Moyes declared his interest?

Probably isn't the case but nothing's really that clear.

• Like 2

Or just smoke and mirrors.....as always.

Oh you are gonna look so silly when we get bought by a Mr. Smoke and a Mr. Mirrors.

• Like 4

Just now, Mantis said:

I'm not so sure that the board were keen on Moyes. I can't remember the exact wording but it appeared as if they were looking for somebody with recent and extensive Championship experience which Moyes doesn't have. There was also that story recently about Pearson being lined up along with Chris Powell. Perhaps we were going to go for them and but Lerner pulled the plug when Moyes declared his interest?

Probably isn't the case but nothing's really that clear.

It's plausible, the timing of the resignations and the leak of the Moyes story were pretty close.  I sense whatever happened, there has been some real moving of the goalposts from Randy and these are serious guys who won't take any shit like that.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No one wants us can't anyone see this to try keep the fans in check. We have to get Lerner out rapt zany cost the **** scumbag 

Yes because saying the club is in negotiations about a sale and then announcing soon after that talks have broken down or simply not saying anything is really going to keep the fans in check...

i never thought I'd long for the David O'Leary days.

Jesus Christ, we've become a total joke.

We are a laughing stock of a club now, and we'll have the whole division looking to scalp us next year. It won't be easy, especially if the money is cut off even more.

Given our current state, I'd be SURPRISED if we didn't get relegated next season again!

1 minute ago, AValon said:

Or just smoke and mirrors.....as always.

Along with 'false narrative' and 'stick to beat him with' these are some of my disliked phrases over the last few years along side 'pop up','craft beer','artisan' and 'street food'

Unfortunately smokes and mirrors is exactly what it appears at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yes because saying the club is in negotiations about a sale and then announcing soon after that talks have broken down or simply not saying anything is really going to keep the fans in check...

It takes away from it just being negative news about the club. I think you're deluding yourself again