Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Very difficult to see how a credible manager will choose us now, we're an utter farce. After Garde's January window treatment and now this, why would anyone worth their salt come here?

New owners are utterly imperative as soon as possible, if Lerner remains we will never see Premier League football for as long as he is our owner. 

• Like 1

This year's been death by a thousand cuts.  I was quietly optimistic that the club were getting their act together behind the scenes; the appointments of King and Bernstein were a big part of that for me. I had confidence in them, their experience and their intentions. Now we're left with nothing but a massive void. I have little or no faith in the people that are running our club, and our players.  We have become a shell of a once great club - it is tragic. We get fed a stream of pithy and patronizing releases about new managers, a rebuilding process, and now a supposed sale, while in reality the club is getting worse. King has confirmed all our worst fears about Lerner and I have zero optimism at the moment.  I am so sad and angry about what is being done to our club – will it ever end.  

• Like 3

After this catastrophic board room split, I am fairly sure that-

1- Moyes will not be joining us, instead he will probably  go to Celtic and enjoy himself.

2- Lerner will not sell up any time soon. If he didn't when we stayed up why will he take a massive knock down in price now? He will just take the parachute money for himself, to recoup some of his investment.

3- We will get a average manager to have a manager championship budget to  spend on players

4- Next season is going to be crap, either low mid table or we could genuinely have a double relegation.

5-On the plus side we might win  more than 2 at home. 

6-Maybe.

Edited by The Fun Factory

there is something seriously wrong with this club, it might not even be fixable, nobody seems qualified enough to run this club, i cant see a sale happening any time soon, who would want this rotten to the core club, adding to this that randy is asking far too much for a club that he has destroyed, id like to see anyone spend £20k on a brand new car, smash all the windows, key every panel and dry run the engine, and see how much you can get for it.

i guess we can also assume that any decent manager wont be coming here either, but instead the club will sign yet another two bit manager that will bring yet even more humiliation to the club.

well, at least solihull moors are doing well at the moment.

This is an absolute **** farce. 

I wish so bad I could fly overt for the next home game and take part in what I honestly HOPE is the protest to end all protests.

**** you, Randy you dumb word removed.

The low point keeps being lowered, this is simply ridiculous.

• Like 1

I hate the way this has happened.

I hate the way that some press outlets are reporting it's because of relegation rather than what the true story is here.

I hate the way this club is making it so difficult to enjoy football anymore.

Just now, Pilchard said:

I hate the way this has happened.

I hate the way that some press outlets are reporting it's because of relegation rather than what the true story is here.

I hate the way this club is making it so difficult to enjoy football anymore.

I haven't enjoyed football for a while now. Not just Villa related.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Based on the noises we've heard over the course of the day I'd guess at Lerner has passed up at a chance to appoint Moyes.

That's what it looks like especially with the BBC news story earlier. Probably money based decision either he wanted too much or wanted to spend too much. Bernstein/King probably thought, sod this, what are we doing here? 

The sale talk looks to be total rubbish to appease the circus. 

Edited by supernova26

I don't see any good in this news - regardless of the dangled fruit of 'sale' news.

As others have mooted - the 'sale talk' is merely damage limitation to what must be perceived as a horrific clash of opinion within the upper echelons of the club.

Unfortunately, Randy has the last say - and that must be totally against the recommendations of the football board we were led to believe he instigated.

It's almost as if Randy has been told a few home truths and instead of fronting them out and changing for the better, he's burying his head in the sand - I totally expect Pearson to employed now - he loves an ostrich.

Just now, AValon said:

What next? Thats my concern. I keep thinking it can't get much worse, but I suppose it can.

You know what? That's exactly what was going through my head. What on earth will happen next? 

1 minute ago, AValon said:

What next? Thats my concern. I keep thinking it can't get much worse, but I suppose it can.

Hollis could leave too, putting Randy back in charge of the day to day running...