Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think RDM came into the picture much later. I doubt he was recommended by Bernstein\King\little.

For better or worse RDM and Pearson are two vastly different styles of Manager IMO. 

They are, but they both play decent football and they have both managed teams to promotion.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

They are, but they both play decent football and they have both managed teams to promotion.

Which one has gone to club, cleared up a mess - and guided them to promotion though ? 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Which one has gone to club, cleared up a mess - and guided them to promotion though ? 

Well Di Matteo promoted a club (at the first time of asking) just relegated from the Premier League which seems kinda relevent to our situation. When Pearson took charge of just relegated Hull, he led them to 11th place.

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't know about clearing up but Pearson certainly created a **** mess at Leicester in his last year

15 minutes ago, mwj said:

I don't know about clearing up but Pearson certainly created a **** mess at Leicester in his last year

What mess? He created the team ethos, that added to Ranieri's coaching has helped the team win the league.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

That he is a really good manager

Well, he's not won anything that I can remember but he did get Chile playing nice footy. Seems very highly regarded, not seen any of his marseilles but I don't think his reputation was damaged there, we knew he was a nutcase who brought good results and played good football.

He would never come to Villa, especially not in the Championship, I can't see him working in England full stop. Was mooted for Lazio, but I think he'll end up having a crack at a bigger club, possibly in Italy or Spain. He's getting on a bit so I doubt he'd want to take on our rebuilding job!

16 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Just seen Moyes in Tesco, he said he was not coming to Villa until VT had finished investigation into how much cash Dr X really has. 

Was he wearing a suit?

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well, he's not won anything that I can remember but he did get Chile playing nice footy. Seems very highly regarded, not seen any of his marseilles but I don't think his reputation was damaged there, we knew he was a nutcase who brought good results and played good football.

He would never come to Villa, especially not in the Championship, I can't see him working in England full stop. Was mooted for Lazio, but I think he'll end up having a crack at a bigger club, possibly in Italy or Spain. He's getting on a bit so I doubt he'd want to take on our rebuilding job!

Yeah he did well with Chile but to be honest I have never really understood why his name crops up with so much excitement at times. He plays a 3-3-3-1 formation and at times his football is quite exciting at times however it's not winning football