Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Pettiness in football - who'd have thought it?!

From Evertonians? Most I know just think eventually after he'd took them so far he held them back. I agree I think he's limited and eventually would have had to go as a short term fix, I want a long term solution 

Moyes reportedly said he would need to structure 3 different teams, one for promotion, one for stabilising and one for Europe. I don't see why we can't have a different manager for each of those aims also.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Moyes reportedly said he would need to structure 3 different teams, one for promotion, one for stabilising and one for Europe. I don't see why we can't have a different manager for each of those aims also.

What he didn't realise in he would need to accept the job before doing any of that !!!!

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

From Evertonians? Most I know just think eventually after he'd took them so far he held them back. I agree I think he's limited and eventually would have had to go as a short term fix, I want a long term solution 

Everton notoriously spend very little money compared to others clubs (certainly under Kenwright).  Moyes took them to 6th and moved on - they've gone backwards since he left.  Mental if Everton fans think the club should be top 4.

Well I am totally gutted about Moyes tbh - feels like a huge kick in the bollocks.  nyway, moving on I think both Pearson or Di Matteo could do a decent job, I just hope everyone gets behind whoever it is and gives them a chance to prove themselves - we might be pleasantly surprised.  One thing's for sure, they have an enormous job to do for our club and they will need our support.  Just 11 weeks unto the season starts now!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Giggs apparently has left United. Wonder if we would consider him?

Yes - I could see that happening - I don't think it would be good - but I can sense a real left field appointment coming on.

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

Alan Nixon on twitter still insisting that Pulis is in with a shout, say's he'd be interested too. 

I mean if he could get us promoted, then sure, but my god the football is terrible. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I mean if he could get us promoted, then sure, but my god the football is terrible. 

I'm really not sure I could get in a positive mindset about him. Although he probably would grind the results out. 

Can't believe really with a vastly wealthy new owner who has nearly £1/2bn loose change sitting in a bank account, is friends with the President of China, and aims to make us one of the top 3 clubs in the world, that we are apparently looking at Di Matteo or Pearson as our manager.

Seems a bit of a modest beginning.

Edited by briny_ear

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Alan Nixon on twitter still insisting that Pulis is in with a shout, say's he'd be interested too. 

I went and fact checked your post before responding. Had forgot about Pulis.

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

Can't believe really with a vastly wealthy new owner who has nearly £1/2 m loose change sitting in a bank account, is friends with the President of China, and aims to make us one of the top 3 clubs in the world, that we are apparently looking at Di Matteo or Pearson as our manager.

Yes but we are in the CHAMPIONSHIP, who do you expect, Mourinho??!

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Can't believe really with a vastly wealthy new owner who has nearly £1/2 m loose change sitting in a bank account, is friends with the President of China, and aims to make us one of the top 3 clubs in the world, that we are apparently looking at Di Matteo or Pearson as our manager.

You do realise what league we're in, right?