Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

You called him racist, his son says absolutely nothing remotely racist at all. The only person you could claim to be racist in that video is Tom Hopper, so there instantly you are just plain wrong.

Still filmed a sex tape banging a load of hookers though.

11 minutes ago, Isa said:

Pearson just played the same tactics every week and it miraculously clicked during the final 10 games or so. Really it would have been more impressive if those results had been spread throughout the season rather than a freak run. I don't rate him, at all.

I hope the board are in reality aiming a little higher but wouldn't count on it.

The freak run as lasted some time mate. Have you looked at the table lately ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

has anybody officially said we are getting a British manager. It doesnt matter to me if manager is from Birmingham or Bratislava once they are best man for the job

Not officially but it was in the Mirror article. Of course they could be wrong and I'll wait and see but I'd be very surprised if our next manager wasn't a British hoofball merchant.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

No I'm living in the 21st century and not bringing up past managers from a different era just to suit a flawed argument. Can't comment on Saunders before my time, Clough loved booze and brown envelopes,

I can see what led to your reply and I appreciate the points that you have made about Nigel Pearson. Nevertheless, I have to say as someone who was around in the 60's - 80's that I consider Brian Clough should be remembered as one of the best ever English football managers given that he took two teams up and then won the championship with them in the way that Ron Saunders later did with us rather than as a man who liked a drink or three and that it was claimed handled the odd envelope.  

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Not officially but it was in the Mirror article. Of course they could be wrong and I'll wait and see but I'd be very surprised if our next manager wasn't a British hoofball merchant.

Me too, although i think it would be a terrible idea to try and out-championship the Championship teams at their game. Especially with this set of players.

I wan't us to have a manager who is smarter than the other teams managers, not someone who shouts louder than the other teams manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The freak run as lasted some time mate. Have you looked at the table lately ? 

Freak run in the context of last season. This has been a freak season too but Leicester's success only reminds you that Pearson had pretty much the same team rooted bottom of the league for like 3/4 of last season. Their final 10 games didn't gloss over that in my eyes.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Isa said:

Freak run in the context of last season. This has been a freak season too but Leicester's success only reminds you that Pearson had pretty much the same team rooted bottom of the league for like 3/4 of last season. Their final 10 games didn't gloss over that in my eyes.

Disagree totally ! Leicester were playing well all last season, lucky enough for them they started to get some results at the back end of the season. That has carried on this season. I don't know who and when we will replace Garde  but like or not Pearson is the type of manager we need. 

• Like 1

I think we need to be pragmatic. We will soon be a championship club and we need to get out of it asap...so in my eyes pearson/bruce/houghton would be good choices. 

Taking a punt on an untried manager at that level would be too much of a risk. I was all for keeping remi, but with all the upheaval at boardroom level it maybe the best thing to start afresh with there own man. Which is ashame for remi because i think he could be decent

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

Not a big fan of Grayson but he'd be better than Pearson.

I still don't know why we have to go down the British route though.

So does going foreign guarantee something that British managers cannot?

I think I'm past caring right now. We have no idea which players will be here next season. We don't know if the that do remain will suddenly start giving a s-hit about how they perform. We don't know if Lerner will still be here and, if he is, whether he will or won't back a new manager with decent funding for new players. 

There are just too many factors that are up in the air so, for me, I'm not interested right now. I just want this disaster to end ASAP and the changes to are place so we can assess where we're at. 

The only thing I do know is that I DO NOT TRUST Randy Lerner to make the right decisions to keep our club in the Championship, let alone get us promoted back into the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Hate to say it, but Pearson is probably the best suited to out current predicament. 

Why?

I keep seeing people saying this. But why?

I think he's totally unsuited to our current predicament. A questionable dressing room with rumours of a divide. Just what you need to unite the players? An absolute psychopath!

The more I think about Pearson the more I'm warming to the idea. The guy clearly has a chip on his shoulder regarding the media but actually look what he did with Leicester. You can't say that the players weren't united behind him to get promoted twice and then stay up after a miracle last season. He also wouldn't take any shit from the waste of space players that have stolen a living from this club.

Would be a risky appointment but then if I think about the likes of McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde I can't see how Pearson is any more of a gamble than those 4.

Would still prefer Rodgers or Karanka but realistically Pearson is probably the best we can hope for.

Although, what about a Southgate/McLaren "dream team"?