Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, babyblue said:

I'm telling you there were other factors. If he says "we need x position sorting" or "we need x player"... and then nothing is done about it. Then the blame cannot be put just on him. The DOF got sacked for his failings that summer, which should tell you a lot.

We have the same problems here, so why shouldn't we stick with the guy we've got?

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we do go for Pearson, i don't know why we can't get Walsh from Leicester as head of recruitment? A lot of backroom staff will be loyal to their manager, that they have worked with for years. Yeah they may win the league but its not as if he is playing is it? Offer him more money at Villa and he may come!

Not a chance in hell.

On 14/03/2016 at 22:23, Stevo985 said:

A very uninspiring track record, and the better Leicester do this year, the worse Pearson's season in the Prem is looking.

Not really he got them promotion and finished the season very strongly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Pearson would have played two up front with wingers, drilled the wingers to cross the ball accurately and hit Rudy on a regular basis. Then even if Rudy doesn't get on it properly then Ayew can tuck in the rebound. 

Remi would never play so direct, even though that is the strength of some of our players. Sadly I feel he has tried to make our players suit his style rather than look at how he can get the best out of certain players strengths. 

we dont have any wingers

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

We have the same problems here, so why shouldn't we stick with the guy we've got?

If you have a problem with the DOF, then you need to sort that issue. That's something different entirely.

4 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Well, first and foremost we were pretty good at the end of last season also. Ranieri also got the benefits of having Huth all season (something we didn't have last year), Fuchs, Kante and Okazaki. All signed by Pearson, or bid for before he went. I think it's fair to say with those players we would have had a decent season without Ranieri. As good as... I doubt it, as Ranieri is amazing at game management and can change a game with one early substitution and he's a brilliant defensive coach. But without what he was left behind for him to work with, we wouldn't be where we are either.

He told one fan to f'off, some pissed up moron who spent the game verbally abusing him, his players, his staff. The bloke got what he deserved quite frankly.

Sacked for supporting his racist son? You mean the son painted as a racist despite not saying anything racist whatsoever? I think you'd not be too happy either. Especially is they go back on what they say to you about having a personal hearing... and then just sacking everyone. Despite two of them not doing or saying anything racist.

Don't try and change my mind about him I don't want him here full stop and all your rose tinted biased views won't change that. Please respect that. 

I heard different from a member of your staff about him and his son. If I'm wrong show me proof and I'll apologise and take it all back. 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

because we have the worst manager in clubs history and probably up with Les Reed and Tony Adams when it comes to Premier League history

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Don't try and change my mind about him I don't want him here full stop and all your rose tinted biased views won't change that. Please respect that. 

I heard different from a member of your staff about him and his son. If I'm wrong show me proof and I'll apologise and take it all back. 

Well your first line there is laughable don't you think. Basically saying "don't tell me the facts because my mind is already made up"... and then you say I've got rose tinted glasses on, the irony. By the sounds of it, it's you with your head in the sand (yeah I went there) as you are unwilling to listen to someone who actually knows vastly more information about Pearson than you do.

Oh... so you heard from a member of staff. Did you not read my post where I said you were wrong, the proof is on the internet if you want to google tape audio and listen to it. You called him racist, his son says absolutely nothing remotely racist at all. The only person you could claim to be racist in that video is Tom Hopper, so there instantly you are just plain wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, babyblue said:

If you have a problem with the DOF, then you need to sort that issue. That's something different entirely.

I do appreciate your insight but as I say, if Pearson had problems getting results because of a few issues, trust me those issues are several orders of magnitude higher at this club. He may have done a really good job at Leicester but the long and short of it is that no manager can do well unless supported. And if we're going to support a manager, I really really really don't want it to be someone I consider to be an absolute **** prick of the highest order.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

we dont have any wingers

You could argue we have Grealish, Gil, Bacuna and Adama all of who play wide and 'should' be able to cross a ball. Green coming through also who plays wide. They have tactically been told to tuck in and allow overlapping full backs, who cannot cross for toffee. 

A more tradition British manager would hit the wide players sooner and get them to deliver much sooner than what we do. It's not as pretty but maybe more effective for us. 

59 minutes ago, babyblue said:

He's someone who can come in, get rid of all your shit, lift the black cloud, give you a team to be proud of and whatever happens, leave you with a fantastic setup that's run properly.

If Randy Lerner isn't going to authorise it Pearson has to put up with it despite his attempts to leave a "fantastic setup"

The problem is the regime of the club. Leicester had a plan. Aston Villa do not have a plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

You could argue we have Grealish, Gil, Bacuna and Adama all of who play wide and 'should' be able to cross a ball. Green coming through also who plays wide. They have tactically been told to tuck in and allow overlapping full backs, who cannot cross for toffee. 

A more tradition British manager would hit the wide players sooner and get them to deliver much sooner than what we do. It's not as pretty but maybe more effective for us. 

I wouldn't trust any of them to provide a decent cross personally.

I've said it before we need to play with width in the championship which is why we need to buy genuine out and out wingers. I'm tired of shifting players out wide and seeing them struggle to trap a ball let alone cross it.

Pearson is hated by the media.  Not sure Villa need them jumping on everything next season when trying to get things turned around. He was under no pressure at Lecister, Villa will be a big fish in a small pond next season and he will have to handle the press differently.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I wouldn't trust any of them to provide a decent cross personally.

I've said it before we need to play with width in the championship which is why we need to buy genuine out and out wingers. I'm tired of shifting players out wide and seeing them struggle to trap a ball let alone cross it.

I agree, but it's sad they can't cross a ball. Makes you wonder what the focus is in training when they don't seem able to get their head up and pass it 4 yards.

If Remi is sacked tomorrow should we go straight for a new man or take stock for a couple of months? 

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Pearson is hated by the media.  Not sure Villa need them jumping on everything next season when trying to get things turned around. He was under no pressure at Lecister, Villa will be a big fish in a small pond next season and he will have to handle the press differently.

in fairness that journalist is a dickhead trying to get a rise out of him and I thought he handed it quite well

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

in fairness that journalist is a dickhead trying to get a rise out of him

Yes agree in that case, but he is like that with the press when they arent trying to get a rise.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

in fairness that journalist is a dickhead trying to get a rise out of him and I thought he handed it quite well

Pat Murphy is an insufferable prick. He thinks he knows better than everyone else apart from MON who he revers. H can't get his tongue up his MON's arse far enough. Some of the spats that Murphy gets into with normal fans on twitter are an embarrassment to the BBC

• Like 2